Going to New Mexico episodes

Erine81981

Reaction score
No one answer my question about using Oscar's can as a basketball goal. As in at the top of the barn where they pull up the hay.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i can't rememebr that part and still can't rememebr everything about it. only thing i rememebr about oscasr was eating those hot red things and claiming they weren't but they were. if i hadn't seen it a 2nd time, i probably would of recalled a lot less of it.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
i don't know how many of you read the other SS board here and my info on Emillio DelGado but i mentioned there typing his name up i found on some site unless it's a big mistake or at some point he and or his family moved he was born in Calexcio CA witch apparently on the Mexican border. unless what i mentioned is possible i don't understand why they would make up he was from New Mexico even though SS is a TV show and the cast is actors and actresses playing characters like other TV shows.
since i 1st posted this thread, i've thought more about this, maybe Clexcio CA was where Delgado was from and maybe he and his family later moved to NM or maybe it was just his grandparents and possible other relitive who lived there.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Yeah, David should have seen the handwriting on the wall early on. Luis and Maria went on trips together, worker together, spoke the same languages, became business partners, and good friends. It was only a matter of time. :smile:
If I were David, I'd have some serious rivalry against Luis. Lol.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
don't rememebr from that long and why don't you ask something about the week long episodes instead of such a dumb question?

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
Right on Mikebenidict! I tend to enjoy information about old Street stories from the 70's and 80's. I don't ever worry about what Muppet sketches were in certain episodes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
If I were David, I'd have some serious rivalry against Luis. Lol.
I still feel the real reason they were broken up was because it was taboo to have an interracial couple on television back then.

Censored

Reaction score
TotallySpiesFan said:
What Muppet sketches were featured?
The muppet sketches included a Kermit The Frog newsflash where he talks to Rumplestiltskin, a group of muppets cheering for the letter K, Herbert Birdsfoot and Grover with the three blocks, Kermit the Frog with Shala and Fannie, Betty Lou singing with monsters, Ernie and Bert with the phone call about the picnic with the gorilla, Sesame Street pageant about making a face, the musical skit with Fat Blue about how you get from here to there, and of course street gags with the Count, Oscar, Biff, and Sully.

Some childhood memories you never forget.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Some of the funniest parts of the New Mexico episodes were from the first one where they prepare for the trip. Luis talks to his family, decides to go, and asks others if they want to go with him. The Count encourages everyone to go, so he will have a lot of people to count as they leave. Susan can't leave because of her job, but Gordon (being a school teacher) is off for the summer. They discuss the pros and cons of his leaving without her. Gordon says, "Won't you miss me?" The Count (anxious to have another person go) yells something like "No, she won't!" Maria is going, but David is staying because he has to study for his law classes. David tells Luis to "Take care of that girl! I love her!" The climax of the episode was when Biff and Sully accidentally load Oscar's can on the truck. Oscar was looking forward to a peaceful week with a lot of people gone, but he wound up having to go himself. The ones who went were Luis, Maria, Gordon, Bob, Big Bird, and Oscar. Buffy was already in New Mexico to greet them. Then, for the rest of the week, each episode started by showing the gang traveling in Luis' truck while the cast sang the Sesame Street theme song with different lyrics. It went something like "On our way. Headed to Santa Fe...We're a long, long, long, long, long, long way from Sesame Street." In my opinion, New Mexico was the best of all the traveling episodes and Noggin really missed the boat (or the truck) by not including it.
Henson's ranch is near Santa Fe were his ashes were scattered. Thought I'd revive this for those who didn't see it the 1st time. anyway I wonder if that was where the week long episodes were taped?