1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Gonzo and Animal on Dancing with the Stars

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Sam's Ghost, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Sam's Ghost

Sam's Ghost New Member

Gonzo and Animal appeared on Dancing with the Stars tonight during Aaron Carter's performance. Aaron danced to the Muppet Show theme song. Animal interrupted the band at the beginning to do a drum solo and after the dance Gonzo popped up between two judges and blew his horn! It looked like Gonzo was talking to the judges but the microphones didn't pick it up.
  2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I just saw this on Twitter! Too funny! Hopefully it'll be on YouTube soon!
  3. Sam's Ghost

Sam's Ghost New Member

They should have had Statler and Waldorf as guest judges.
  4. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I missed the whole thing because of a stupid fire drill before the performance, that was SO unfair! I was so mad after the fact that I found out they danced the Quickstep to The Muppet Show theme. It better be on YouTube, I wanna see it so bad now!

Although it appeared to me that Aaron was supposed to be Kermit and Karina was Miss Piggy.
  5. ohtherain

ohtherain New Member

Statler = Steve Whitmire...
  6. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I saw this. It was cute. Yeah you couldn't hear Gonzo at all which was disappointing. I was able to hear enough though that it was Dave Goelz but between everyone cheering, etc. you couldn't really hear him. I thought the Muppet Show dance by Aaron was horrendous lol
  7. zns

zns Well-Known Member

It's a shame that Gonzo and Animal didn't get too much time to talk with everyone, but it was still a wonderful perfomance from what I saw. Certainly a better appearance than AGT. :concern::halo:
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

We get an announced appearance, and Gonzo doesn't show up...

We get no notice, and he does pop up...

Well, that's Gonzo for you. Probably got the wrong show.
  9. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

Oh my i can not belive i missed this of course i have not watched dancing with the stars since 07 season :o. i hope that this on Youtube soon so i can see it . I love it when the muppets gust star on anything .
  10. theprawncracker

11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Mwoohaha! I LOVE it!
  12. MWoO

MWoO Active Member

Wow, Gonzo in a purple tux! And not the same purple tux from his youtube video. I wonder if he will be in his new purple tux on the season 4 DVD set menus screens.
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Aw, they took it down.
  14. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I found it again Greg! Enjoy. I really thought it was cool but kinda wished they would have been there more then what was shown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVNoo649puU
  15. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Wow! If this doesn't say that Disney wants the Muppets around I don't know what does. I'm not a Dancing with the Stars fan, but this is a big ratings compliment.
  17. theprawncracker

Agreed whole-heartedly! Amazing that Gonzo still fits in that tux after thirty years and lots of... erm... surgery! :concern:

:) More Muppets Please! :D
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I just found one of the Youtube videos, and all I can say is "Cute." I greatly dislike these sort of shows (I admit to sort of watching it when Cliff Clavin was on), but this is a cute little way to get them back in the public eye.

And Gonzo and Animal too! Steve or no Steve, Kermit appearances were starting to get predictable as the tides. Gonzo even did his horn blowing segment (He says "See you next year for a booster"- as in a booster shot- or something like that if you couldn't hear him).
  19. APRena

APRena New Member

Yeah, I noticed that when Samantha was talking to someone else, although I immediately thought the Wizard of Oz. After the dance she asked Karina about it and she pretty much confirmed that was the inspiration for the costumes. I missed Animal's solo. :( He's one of my favorites. :halo:

As for the dance, there were pretty unconventional music selections the entire night, Shall We Dance had a weird tempo for the quickstep... that dance just seemed off to me and Kathy Ireland is terrible anyway. :rolleyes: Aaron Carter is one of the better ones and their dance was good, if not just amusing because of the Muppets!
  20. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

Yeah, they mentioned that on here today. (9-29 Hollywood Outsider)