1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Gonzo and Pepe at Comic Con

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Muppetboy09, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

While the characters themselves didn't appear in person, a screen used Pepe animatronic from The Muppets (2011) as well as a screen used (Burnt) Gonzo Puppet from Muppets in Space were on display and FOR SALE!!! Not sure if either of them were purchased, as Pepe costed between $10,000 and $15,000. Yikes!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

FunnyBear, Luke, muppetperson and 4 others like this.
  2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Yeah i saw that on Instagram! I would have killed for the Pepe

Muppetboy09 likes this.
  3. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Me Too. So have these already been sold?

TheWemblin'Fool likes this.
  4. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Wow, Gonzo and Pepe look strange naked. Well they didn't even use Pepe much in TM, so the Pepe animatronic shouldn't be worn out or anything.

5. Muppetboy09

I have a feeling we will never know...

6. muppetperson

Actually, I can see something about September on the plaque, so I think they are still to be auctioned.

Muppetboy09 likes this.
  7. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Nice to see Gonzo and Pepe there. :concern::rolleyes:
    I wonder which lucky people will take home these two.

8. Muppetboy09

Does anyone have a spare 15,000 dollars they can lend me? You may or may not get the money back...:rolleyes:

muppetperson and Muppet Master like this.
  9. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

Why do I always miss out in things like this, GAH! I actually have some money spare as I still have some of my inheritance left... Apart from being in the UK and other similar complications gonzo would of been mine!, Excuse me while I scream into my pillow..... Though adding to that I suppose looking at it, it would of cost me more than a 1947 triumph speed twin so maybe it was a lucky escape

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  10. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yes this auction is coming up in September. Ok, I have one month to sell a kidney!

11. Eyeball

What? So I didn't miss it? Yes!

12. Luke

Luke Active Member

No, you didn't. These people are auctioning them: https://www.profilesinhistory.com/

Anyone who does buy them, remember in many conditions foam can turn to dust. So they will need to be properly preserved.

FunnyBear, Muppetboy09 and Eyeball like this.
  13. Eyeball

Ah thanks, though that bit about having to properly preserve them worries me slightly...

14. Muppetboy09

But the price doesn't???? Haha

Eyeball likes this.
  15. Eyeball

Lol a little but I have some to spare, as I said above gonzo could set me back more than the motorcycle I wanted....granted It's a nice dilema to have

Muppetboy09 likes this.
  16. Muppetboy09

I am thinking that if Pepe is an animatronic, and Gonzo is just a puppet, then Gonzo would probably cost less than $10,000

17. Eyeball

Yeah that's true, and it isn't the 'proper' gonzo puppet, it's the burnt one from one of there lesser appreciated movies, which again is a bit of a turn off when possibly buying it, if this were piggy I wouldn't even be contemplating not buying, but it isn't so I have this predicament.

18. Luke

Luke Active Member

I would so put that prawn in a tutu!!!

19. propologist

propologist Member

Hi Guys,
    The Gonzo is from the roof top scene as well as the lawnmower scenes. It is not a hand puppet as it has alum. legs the arms have wire in them to make them stay were you put them. There are also lights in the eyes that still work. There is some deterioration of the foam in his mouth but that should be expected with its age.

As far as Pepe he is full of servos and a radio receiver and if you have the controller it would work very well. The arms are not possable other than what you see in the photos. All tho the hands do have wires in them so they can hold onto things.

There is also a Tin Thing (Gonzo) animatronic head from "Muppets Wizard of OZ" that is also in this auction. I do not know how much the starting bid is. The Tin Thing head is also fully working as long as you have a controller. It is from when they take him apart and his head is on the ground.

I know all of this as I am the one who did a little restoration on all of them. I wish I had the money for them myself.

If you have any questions I will try and answer them if I can.

Mike

20. muppetperson

Thanks for the info, Mike. What sort of restoration did you do on Gonzo and Pepe? Which parts have been replaced? Without naming names, can you say if these came from a Private collector or how they get to be up for sale?

muppetlover123 likes this.