Gonzo & Donald Art

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:smile: This is a low-res cell snap shot of the valentine I gave my partner. Thought I'd share it after uploading it for him on the web.

He is a Donald Duck fan and I most identify with Gonzo the Great so I felt this fitting. It's hand inked, pencil-colored and cut out into a self-contained dimensional shadow box that fits open and clasps shut.

For what it's worth, I thought some might enjoy it. It's not my best work, but it did the trick and we've been together all year long.:concern:

Here's The Link​

:wink:

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
No comment?
What? This is an insult! :wink:

I will save the thread!

This drawing is superb! It looks as if it will pop out of my screen. Same sex male characters sharing a tender moment together. Donald adjusting a red bow-tie for Gonzo, looking to him with love. Gonzo doing someting similar...except, he pins a broach of a flower onto Donald's blue shirt.
Little hearts floating about in the background.

This is real sweet.
I openly admire this work of yours.
It is fabulous.

It makes me want to hide my art!
:big_grin:

Very talented you are, Jamie!

CBPuppets

Reaction score
That is........Awsome! that is the most creative picture I have ever seen! :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:wink: Thanks. I tend to forget that it is two guy characters, as I tend to do living in San Francisco for so many years. I thought the fact that it mixes a core-classic Disney character with a main=classic Muppet would cause the controversy. So much of my Photoshop and Flash work floats around here and on the web that overshadows my love for pencil-to-paper drawing. Drawing is always my first love. I'll probably be submitting a couple of older drawings for Muppet Newsflash's calendar contest.Just got to find time to make a higher res scan of the Jim drawing. :smile:

Needless to say, this design won't be one of the flash ecards I propose for next year. He he. :concern:

Everyone has such beautiful work around here these days!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Do not worry.
It isn't a crime to express that.
I mean...that IS what art is for, no?

OMG you drew Jim?
THAT IS FANTABULOUS! XD Yes, my brand new word.

Gosh, you surpass many artists...from what I've seen.
Keep it up. :wink: