Gonzo on America's Got Talent Wednesday, Sept. 16!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
According to Muppet Wiki's Twitter feed and some news from the D23 Expo, Gonzo and the chickens are slated to appear on tomorrow night's episode of America's Got Talent!

Guess Disney is realizing that Kermit just can't show up without Steve, wherever Steve may be!

ohtherain

Reaction score
Gonzo time! No Kismet the Toad tomorrow, just Gonzo! I assume he will me showcasing one of his many "talents"...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Gonzo time! No Kismet the Toad tomorrow, just Gonzo! I assume he will me showcasing one of his many "talents"...
Well... if some of the people on that show can get away with saying they have "talent," Gonzo sure as heck can. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Aside from the obvious Kermit Koncerns, I'm glad to see someone else appearing. As I've been saying, when you're selling the public the Muppets, you don't just turn it into a frog and piggy show... you have to show them everything the Muppets stand for, and I think that's only possible if we show Gonzo, Fozzie, Animal, Swedish Chef, Bunsen, Beaker and all that... Heck... dust off some old background monsters too. Showing everyone just Kermit and Piggy will be just that... showing the Muppets are Kermit and Piggy.

We don't want this to be like SW only having Elmo pop up for talk spots.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Is it wrong for me to want to see Fozzie and Scooter perform Simon Smith and his Dancing Bear? :embarrassed: :wink:

dwmckim

Reaction score
I'd vote for Eric making his debut as Marvin Suggs. I could see Marvin (or Lew Zealand for that matter) thinking they never were fully showcased with the Muppets team and branching out to try to show up on AGT trying to win the competition (hey, how about if Marvin and Lew teamed up for an act!)

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd vote for Eric making his debut as Marvin Suggs. I could see Marvin (or Lew Zealand for that matter) thinking they never were fully showcased with the Muppets team and branching out to try to show up on AGT trying to win the competition (hey, how about if Marvin and Lew teamed up for an act!)
I know he's with Henson... but I really think they should have Paul Rugg perform Marvin Suggs... if anything for the movie. Watch a Manny the Uncanny, Histeria! or any show where he does his weird foreigner voice... it sounds almost exactly like Frank's Marvin.

Is it wrong for me to want to see Fozzie and Scooter perform Simon Smith and his Dancing Bear?
Hey... anything. Just no more Kermit/Piggy love hate relationship schtick... it's wearing pretty thin.

Nick22

Reaction score
i'm excited for gonzo's performance. i wonder what he's gonna do.

Status
Not open for further replies.