Gonzo Vinylmation

Bellygrub

Reaction score
So I collect the Muppet Vinylmation Line and I was a bit annoyed at Gonzo being a 9" figure. For Animal I can see it...give him a bottle of growing pills and you've got yourself a Muppet Movie! But Gonzo?

So I took a stab at costumizing my own. Other then being a bit to dark for my liking he came out ok. I plan to do a second one using a white primer (this one is done with black) to help see if that pops the colors a bit more. The nose is modeled from Green Stuff (Kneadatite).

A before shot:

Dearth

Reaction score
Cool. Did they use a dimensional nose on the 9" figure, or was it just painted on?

So, they sell just blank Vinylmations?
Alex

Bellygrub

Reaction score

TSSD

Reaction score
Awesome! I really like this!
So, they sell just blank Vinylmations?
Alex
Yeah, they sell them in a bunch of different colors, in both the 3" version and the 9" version.

Bellygrub

Reaction score

JJandJanice

Reaction score
You did a great job with your custom Gonzo vinylmation, awesome.

But I think it's sort of a rule (maybe I'm not totally sure) that they still have to have that Mickey Mouse look, which is the problem for Gonzo and his nose.

I also have a red blank vinylmation and was debating on creating an Elmo one (yes I know he's not a Disney character, but it's just a custom, :stick_out_tongue:)

Bellygrub

Reaction score
Disney abolished that rule when they made the new 3" mold. They' got no Mickey nose. Just cheeks and ears. :big_grin:

MuppetLabsBoy

Reaction score
don't like the mold. The first mold has more Mickey Mouse qualities ( nose, buttons on chest, etc.); and since Vinylmation is supposed to revolve around Mickey, it should maintain those characteristics. I guess that it is easier to design when there aren't as many bumps or "obstacles" on the figure, if you know what I mean.