1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Gonzo's Nose, piece of cake!

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by BorkBork, Feb 12, 2003.

1. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

I thought the biggest problem with gonzo was his nose. It's not. It's probably the easiest part. I did some experimenting and did a rough gonzo nose in about 20 minutes.

I did it not with carving a block of foam, but with 2 flat pieces of very thin (1 cm) foam. I glued them down the middle as you do with most puppetheads and voila, a gonzo nose.

As i said, it's very rough, i did it fast, not carefuly, so you can se i used too much glue, cuz the glur shows. But when i am actually going to make a gonzo puppet i will be more careful.

Here are the pics

http://muppets.zapto.org/images/gonzo

Enjoy!
    /Anders
  2. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Anders,

That shape looks almost Perfect !!

Do you have a pattern, Id love to try and make one too !

Are you going to dye the Foam, Or Paint or just cover it ?

Good Luck !
  3. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

Hey BlueFrackle.

This nose is not for the puppet. When i start with the puppet (later today) i will have the nose and the rest of the head in one pattern. Not 2 seperate pieces.

I just tested it, so i'd know if it would work. I think i will spraypaint the nose and lower jaw. What colors should i use? blue and purple?
  4. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

oh, and BlueFrackle, i'll scan the pattern i make for you later. I haven't done the complete pattern yet, but i will soon. Just need to go down to a store and buy some rupper for the mouthplates now, i'll email you later today.
  5. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Anders,

Thanks !

I think the same method, But modified could have some cool shapes !

See ya
  6. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

yup, for instance the muppet you have in your avatar :)
  7. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

i am too tired to make a puppet today, so i'll do it another day :)

anyway, för those of you that want to make a gonzo-type puppet with that kind of nose, take alook at gonzo from the side, and draw his nose like that on a piece of paper, there ya go, it's the pattern :)

look at my guide to understand the technique of putting 2 flat pieces together.

#edited#

there's now a very basic pattern for the nose i did in the original link, that shows sorta how it looks.

/Anders
  8. pdbooch

pdbooch New Member

Borkbork,
    Looking good! I love Muppet fan recreations!
    Have you found some blue fur to use? Are you
    going to attempt a a moving eyelid feature.
    Thats my next mountain to climb, moving eyes.
  9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Hey, can you send a pattern to me, too, please?

FozzieMup@aol.com

BlueFrackle, did you ever locate that small puppet pattern for characters like Roosevelt Franklin that you have? Can you send it also, please?

Thanks,
    FOZ
  10. BorkBork

BorkBork New Member

i haven't made a pattern for the head yet, but i have put the basics of the nose-pattern along with the other nose pics.