Gonzo's Species

Koozbanian Foob

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a name for Gonzo's Species from Muppets from Space? I'm looking for a name that might have appeared in the novelization, shooting script, etc.

Also, where can I get some still images of Gonzo's people and their vessel?

Thanks and great site!

beaker

Reaction score
Actually Gonzo is not an alien, as MFS is not canon. He's still and forever will be a blue whats-a-ma-callit.

If you can count MFS as Muppet canon, than the Star Wars 1978 Christmas special and two Ewok films are Star Wars canon:rolleyes:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
MFS is not canon.
I'm going to half agree with you here Cory because of course the movie is intended as canon from JHC, but I too decide to disregard certain elements of the story.

We'd have had a much better film if the writers instead played up the idea that he *might* be an alien, and just when things were all coming together in the end, we learn that he's not an alien at all; that we still don't know exactly what his origins are, but we learn that what's really important is that Gonzo belongs with his Muppet family. Sounds mushy, but once upon a time, meaningful, heartfelt stories could be told and still taken seriously (unlike certain movies about going back to a swamp).

I can still hope and pray that the next Muppet film begins with Gonzo waking up from a horrible nightmare in which he discovered that he was born on another planet a la Bob Newhart... the concept that was done with Newhart's two shows, not that Newhart was born on another planet... not as far as I know :confused:

WiGgY

Reaction score
I agree. The point of the story should have been that even though Gonzo is different, he is excepted into a family of his own. I mean alien is so obvious. It would have been much better if they thought he was an alien all through the movie and then realize he's not. you could still have all that other stuff in the film. Maybe not the are u there stuff but the C.O.V.N.E.T. thing would have worked and the UFO mania live stuff too. Plus, after Gonzo was hit by lightning, all the message stuuf could have been incorporated. He was hit by lightning! Of course he went nuts!

That movie had potential but the cosmic fish stuff was too weird. It's like Gonzo wrote that part himself. (now I'm crazy :big_grin: )

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't forget about the MFS audio commentary with Gonzo, Rizzo, and Kermit. This gives some insight as to what was intended to be part of the film and what was "real" (at least in the Muppets world).

WiGgY

Reaction score
Kermit shows up in that commentary? I didn't watch the whole thing. I should watch the commentary though. lol when Gonzo told Rizzo to say Oy :big_grin: I loved that part.

Daylight

Reaction score
There's Muppet commentary on the Muppets From Space DVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh for lack of money!!!!:frown: