Good and Bad News

cherrypotion27

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I know it has been a while since I was last here at Muppet Central. Unfortunately, with my friend Adrian's computer having been fried by a recent storm, my Internet access has been somewhat limited. But I thought I'd check in and fill you in on the good and bad news in my life.

I'll start with the bad news. Not this past week but the week before, I had some blood tests done for my psychiatrist Dr. Robertsen. On this past Monday, I went to see him and learned the results of those tests. Two of the tests came back very bad. As some of you know, I have diabetes, and a person's average blood sugar level should be between 4 and 7. My average blood sugar was at 15! I know, yikes! I also had tests done on my liver enzymes, and again, my levels were way higher than normal. Not good. So I'm being sent for more blood tests and an ultrasound on my liver. Dr. Robertsen thinks maybe my mental health medications may be causing the problem, but wants to be sure. After what I learned about one of the medications I'm on, he may be right about the meds thing. I'm on a medication called Seroquel, and apparently it can both raise blood sugar levels and harm your liver! So thats probably the culprit.

Thats the bad news. The good news is, on that same day, I got two cute and cuddly friends in the mail to cheer me up: the 14 inch Wembley and Gobo dolls I mentioned in another thread. If you want to see these dolls, just go to the Collectibles section, then to the store and look up Fraggle Rock items. Both dolls are just adorable! Now if only Sababa Toys would make a 14 inch tall Boober doll. That would be cool!

Patricia/cherrypotion27

King Jim

Reaction score
I hope things can get better for you. I will also say some prayers for you cherrypotion27. God bless you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I done already shared my good news and bad news: good news is that the day before yesterday my Kathy forum turned two years old, but the bad news is hardly anyone cared. Heck, the place has hardly seen any action for about a year now or so!

Kiki

Reaction score
Aw Patricia, I'm rully sorry to hear about the bad news. Good luck with the blood tests, sweetie! On a happier note, lucky you, geting two lovely little Fraggles in the mail, I must check them out! :smile:

You'll be in my prayers.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Sorry about the bad news Patricia. But I hope things can get better for you soon!:smile:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Awww Patricia, I'm sorry to hear about your terrible health problems, and I hope you're getting control of it again!
:sympathy:
And there's nothing like a fraggle to make you feel better, let alone two!
::smirk:
:excited: