Good Bye John....A Kermit/Henson tale

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I wrote this story in response to the recent death of John Henson of the Muppet family. It's a short piece that asks the question of how would Kermit dealt with the death of Jim Henson's son, just as he was so close to the latest Muppet movie.

It isn't much, but it's what I got in such a short notice. I hope you find it as enjoyable as I wrote it...

Good bye John​
By Mbmfrog​

They were so close, so close to returning to theaters. That was when the news hit. Just as they were finishing up a promo for the new movie, Fozzie got a call from Lisa and from there it just went down hill.

John’s dead…John’s…gone.

Jim and Jane’s Henson’s youngest son was announced dead by heart attack. When he heard the news, his best friend had to keep him from falling.

“Kermit…are you okay?” he asked him.

“No…no I’m not okay Fozzie,” he replied with sadness tone in his voice, “I lost… a brother today.”

“What?” The bear questioned with confusion. Which lead to Kermit to explain everything about his relationship between him and the Henson family.

After Kermit was finish, Fozzie stated with sadness, “Wow, I’m so sorry Kermit. What are you going to do?”

“Visit them I hope,” replied the frog.

“I’m sure the others would understand your reasons for leaving,” Fozzie said.

“Thanks Fozzie,” stated the frog somberly, “Just tell Rowlf what happen, he’ll know what to do…”

The bear watches as his best friend walked way and lost in his own thoughts and grief.

While he does consider himself a frog with a big family, Jim Henson and his wife Jane made him feel like another family. When the children were born, he gained new brothers and sisters outside his life in the swamp. When he started the Muppets and helped out on Sesame Street, his life and his family just grew as the years went by.

When Jim died was when things started to get difficult. While his Muppet family grew and so did the Henson family, times were tough all over. With Frank leaving them for bigger things, Richard’s death just a few years after Jim’s and Jerry’s overall health scary struggle, it was a tough balance to keep the Muppet family afloat with the commitments to them and the frequent Sesame Street appearances.

Kermit tried his best to at least stick with his family and with the Henson family whenever he could.

When the Muppets name and brand was sold to the Walt Disney Company, Kermit added his own loophole that would give him a bit of freedom in seeing the Henson family during the holidays and things…like this.

John’s gone and so are Jane and Jerry. We’re losing so many good people in such a short time.

The movie is almost in theaters…and yet, I was hoping for them to show up at the premiere, at least keeping up with our promise of looking out for each other.

Rowlf came into the dressing room that he was in and they both gave each other a silent look. No words need to be said between the two of them because of their deep connection to Jim and his family.

Rowlf hugged him as he cried tears.

“Let it all out, Kermit,” he said to him as they both shared a cry, “Let it all out.”

“He’s gone Rowlf,….John’s gone,” he told his canine companion.

“I know, Fozzie just told me,” he responded.

“We….we….we got go,” stated Kermit, as Rowlf knew what he met.

“You know we can’t stay long,” Rowlf reminded him of their commitment to the movie.

“I know…I know, but after the promotions and the premiere, we have to at least stay for a while,” suggested Kermit.

Rowlf nodded in response to the suggestion. The Hensons were their family, despite their current obligations to their new owners, and family stick together like a dog to a bone.

“I think we can stay just for a week or two,” stated Rowlf.

“We’re their family too…Rowlf,” stated Kermit, “We’re their family too.”

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Make more!! I love this fan fiction! It's so good, but also sad. I wish there was ten of these! R.I.P John Henson 1965-2014 It makes me feel good that you are in a better place. I think we all do.