1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

GOOD NEWS from Disney on MCC DVD!!!

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Muppets1985, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Muppets1985

Muppets1985 Member

Helloooooo all and hope EVERY one here haz had a great day!?! any ways I JUST got some GREAT news from Disney store & From Disney (there e-mail) and I asked them If the DVD of The MUppet christmas Carol WILL be in Widescreen, and they sayed YES! it WILL be (Yeahhhhhhhhh!!!!) and It will NOT be Pan & Scan like the MTI DVD. The email told me that the Fullscreen thing was just a test on a few Disney movies, but they all so sayed that they got a LOT on complants on some "Disney classics" beening P&S soooo... I hope i made EVERYs day! and here to looking for ward on the MCC DVD!. I know I am!

Latter... °o° :D :) :p
  2. grail

grail New Member

this makes me happy...now if we can just get a widescreen on MTI too...
  3. gymkatarules

gymkatarules New Member

Ahem...ahem...*clears throat*...*stretches*...*cracks knuckles*...okay...ready...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Chris
  4. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

WooHoo!! That does Rock quite hard. Awesome news, thanks much for posting! :)

-Matt
  5. Jackie

Jackie New Member

Can you post the email?
  6. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Member

YES!!! Thank flippin' goodness.

So...are we gettin MTI in widescreen anytime soon?

Not to veer offcourse or anything, but what makes you so sure Di$ney is going to get the Muppets, Muppets1985? I'd rather they dont, since I know it means lots and lots of direct to video sequals to things that didnt need sequals in the first place. At the very least, the Muppets will get alot of exposure, but will it be the good kind of exposure? Who knows, but sometimes I just wish the Henson company had enough funds so that they didnt need to be bought by anyone else to be able to function to their fullest extent.

Ok, I'm gonna get trounced badly for this, but why Muppets85, do you find it necessary in every post to find a way to make it clear that you feel that the Muppets' one and only place in the universe is with Di$ney? Oh well...
  7. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Oooooohhh!! Fight fight fight fight!!! :D

Heh, sorry.

I agree somewhat with you Darth. I think that there just isn't a need for a MTI sequal...at least not the way Disney does them. Prime example, look at Tarzan. In my opinion, a very, very excellent film. Well made with a heartfelt message. Now, look at the sequal. I watched a bit while I was shopping in Wal-Mart. Oh lord, how aweful. Now see, Disney does these bang-up movies for a quick buck. If the Muppets were Disney, I could only imagine how bad the performers would feel spitting out these inane Disney lines :(

-Matt
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Hmmm...wonder if anyone can figure where I stand on the widescreen issue. LMAO! :) This makes for a very happy frogboy!

Now, I find it funny that the film that needed the widescreen treatment the most didn't receive it. MCC wasn't shot nearly as "wide" as MTI. I'm kind of miffed that Disney would choose to experiment on one of the films in the Muppet series jipping us a legitimate widescreen version to match the other 5, but that's been done and there's nothing we can do about it. It is very good news for this one! I just hope that there will be a "collector's edition" of MTI later on - maybe they could package it with MCC.

On the topic for a sequel to MTI - no way. The films are where the Muppets can really shine and a sequel to a remake of a remake is not that impressive. The Muppets can do better. Still beats the Swamp Years premise for straight to video, but I have higher standards for Muppet product than Disney fare.
  9. towels

towels New Member

Well, you may, but do the merchandisers at Disney?
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Has to go through Henson too, and I think Disney is Treasure Island out with the Treasure Planet film coming out.
  11. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Eww lord, doesn't treasure planet look horrible? It looks like a futuristic animated version of Blue Crush (which also looks to be an amazingly horrid piece of garbage flick).

Sorry, off topic yet again :)

-Matt
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Can't quite speak for it yet. Some looks interesting, some looks too trendy.
  13. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Well, I'll have to see it I guess. I'm just really not into "INSANE TRICKED OUT TURBO CHARGED AIR BOARDS!!!" WOOOOO PARTY HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry...that kind of thing sickens me...oh well, I like to think that idiot surfers become fat old guys who feel sad about their lives...cool surfers become Brandon Boyd of Incubus! :D

-Matt
  14. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

<<cool surfers become Brandon Boyd of Incubus!>>

LOL! :)
  15. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

So I take it you don't surf? :p
  16. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Oh no no Scarecroe, its not that I don't like surfing. I mean, I think certain people get a bit stupid about it (surfing 120 foot waves is not insane...its just quite dumb, and often ends in fatality. There are rare instances, but on the whole, I don't associate voluntary life-threatening acts with intelligence :)). But have you seen the previews?! Listen to these kids! They say every line in that cheesy, wannabe-hardcore bad acting voice. And the whole premiss just looks dumb (a girl beating guys at surfing...so?).

I don't surf (Florida waves are only big during hurricanes, and like I said I don't volunteer to die usually), but I don't have any problems with it. The only gripe I have is, the people. From the little the Blue Crush promo showed me...teenage EXTREME surfers are idiots...no offense intended :)

-Matt
  17. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

Actually...they were both shot at 1.33:1, intended for a theatrical aspect ratio of 1.85:1. The unmatted 1.33:1 versions of any Muppet movie are unuseable, since (as the original video of The Muppet Movie shows) puppeteers usually appear at the bottom of the frame, so the best aspect ratio they can appear in (showing the most information from the complete frame without revealing the puppeteers) is 1.78:1/1.85:1. No Muppet movie has been filmed at any aspect ratio wider than that.
  18. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Thanks for that info Jeff...that reminds (and clarifies) this one time at the movies.

I forget what movie it was, but the film was just slightly lower than it should have been, and so we saw the hanging microphone (ya know, the furry-looking gray colored one) in every scene to follow. Interesting.

Heck, I'd like to see the versions with the Puppeteers hands!!! :D

-Matt
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

<<they were both shot at 1.33:1, intended for a theatrical aspect ratio of 1.85:1>>

I heard different from a source at the puppet guild and less information seems squished into the MCC cropped VHS so I took it as fact. I really don't see the logic of not shooting in 1.85:1 to begin with, but that's a subject I will raise at the next meeting - or dinner afterwards. LOL. As a student of film I am very curious of this. Maybe he was refering to the same thing that you are - that it was shot 1:33:1 with the bottom sliced to hide the "sock". If this is true of MTI, I don't see why they didn't use some of that footage for other shots that the sock was less evident.
  20. Thog

Thog New Member

I would not trust what the people at the Disney Store say. Especially about MCC. I reall don't think that they would know. I worked there and we were never given specifics of the DVDs coming out. I think the person at the store just guessed. But thats just my opinion.
    Can you post the email you received? I'm not doubting it, but it would be nice to see for assurance.

Dan