GOOD NEWS from Disney on MCC DVD!!!

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Helloooooo all and hope EVERY one here haz had a great day!?! any ways I JUST got some GREAT news from Disney store & From Disney (there e-mail) and I asked them If the DVD of The MUppet christmas Carol WILL be in Widescreen, and they sayed YES! it WILL be (Yeahhhhhhhhh!!!!) and It will NOT be Pan & Scan like the MTI DVD. The email told me that the Fullscreen thing was just a test on a few Disney movies, but they all so sayed that they got a LOT on complants on some "Disney classics" beening P&S soooo... I hope i made EVERYs day! and here to looking for ward on the MCC DVD!. I know I am!

Latter... °o° :big_grin: :smile: :stick_out_tongue:

grail

Reaction score
this makes me happy...now if we can just get a widescreen on MTI too...

gymkatarules

Reaction score
Ahem...ahem...*clears throat*...*stretches*...*cracks knuckles*...okay...ready...

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Chris

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
WooHoo!! That does Rock quite hard. Awesome news, thanks much for posting! :smile:

-Matt

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Muppets1985
Helloooooo all and hope EVERY one here haz had a great day!?! any ways I JUST got some GREAT news from Disney store & From Disney (there e-mail) and I asked them If the DVD of The MUppet christmas Carol WILL be in Widescreen, and they sayed YES! it WILL be (Yeahhhhhhhhh!!!!) and It will NOT be Pan & Scan like the MTI DVD. The email told me that the Fullscreen thing was just a test on a few Disney movies, but they all so sayed that they got a LOT on complants on some "Disney classics" beening P&S soooo... I hope i made EVERYs day! and here to looking for ward on the MCC DVD!. I know I am!

Latter... °o° :big_grin: :smile: :stick_out_tongue:
Can you post the email?

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
YES!!! Thank flippin' goodness.

So...are we gettin MTI in widescreen anytime soon?

Not to veer offcourse or anything, but what makes you so sure Di$ney is going to get the Muppets, Muppets1985? I'd rather they dont, since I know it means lots and lots of direct to video sequals to things that didnt need sequals in the first place. At the very least, the Muppets will get alot of exposure, but will it be the good kind of exposure? Who knows, but sometimes I just wish the Henson company had enough funds so that they didnt need to be bought by anyone else to be able to function to their fullest extent.

Ok, I'm gonna get trounced badly for this, but why Muppets85, do you find it necessary in every post to find a way to make it clear that you feel that the Muppets' one and only place in the universe is with Di$ney? Oh well...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Oooooohhh!! Fight fight fight fight!!! :big_grin:

Heh, sorry.

I agree somewhat with you Darth. I think that there just isn't a need for a MTI sequal...at least not the way Disney does them. Prime example, look at Tarzan. In my opinion, a very, very excellent film. Well made with a heartfelt message. Now, look at the sequal. I watched a bit while I was shopping in Wal-Mart. Oh lord, how aweful. Now see, Disney does these bang-up movies for a quick buck. If the Muppets were Disney, I could only imagine how bad the performers would feel spitting out these inane Disney lines :frown:

-Matt

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm...wonder if anyone can figure where I stand on the widescreen issue. ****! :smile: This makes for a very happy frogboy!

Now, I find it funny that the film that needed the widescreen treatment the most didn't receive it. MCC wasn't shot nearly as "wide" as MTI. I'm kind of miffed that Disney would choose to experiment on one of the films in the Muppet series jipping us a legitimate widescreen version to match the other 5, but that's been done and there's nothing we can do about it. It is very good news for this one! I just hope that there will be a "collector's edition" of MTI later on - maybe they could package it with MCC.

On the topic for a sequel to MTI - no way. The films are where the Muppets can really shine and a sequel to a remake of a remake is not that impressive. The Muppets can do better. Still beats the Swamp Years premise for straight to video, but I have higher standards for Muppet product than Disney fare.

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I have higher standards for Muppet product than Disney fare.
Well, you may, but do the merchandisers at Disney?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Has to go through Henson too, and I think Disney is Treasure Island out with the Treasure Planet film coming out.