Goodbye Oscar

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
By the mid-70's, Oscar was not just a grouch, but he could also be a real pest. So the adults' patience with him started wearing a little thin.
One day Oscar decides to go out for a while, and he leaves a note on his lid: "Gone to store for good hot mud sundae- Oscar." (apparently he went someplace other than Hooper's) A gust of wind kicks up and rips part of the note off, which now says "Gone for good- Oscar". The adults gather around and are shocked to think Oscar's not coming back. And they even get a little misty-eyed.
"I'm gonna miss the way he used to call me 'Skinny'", laments Maria. But then Oscar comes back, and they're overjoyed to see him again. Someone finds the other half of his note, and the mystery is solved, and despite themselves, the adults welcome back the green pest.
But Oscar decides to keep his goodbye note- "just in case, heh heh heh..."
35 years later, Oscar still hasn't used his goodbye note again, but just maybe someday...

bandit

Reaction score
That's oddly sweet, for Oscar. I never saw that one but I always had kind of a soft spot for the old crankpot. Thanks for sharing that.

mo

Reaction score
I hope oscar does'nt ever leave for good :cry: he's one of the few grouchy muppets we have left!