1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Gorg Choreography

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Princeton, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

Do you think there was a choreographer on staff specifically to assist the actors in the Gorg suits with their movements/dancing? The Gorgs weren't in every episode, so it doesn't make much sense for the choreographer to be listed in the end credits. I'm thinking it might have been Betsy Baytos; she was on staff with Henson for Season Five of TMS, which ended two years before Fraggle Rock started. Then again, Betsy did audition for the roles of Mokey and Red and obviously wasn't cast, so maybe it wasn't her. What do you all think?
  2. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

:excited: I think so!:dreamy:
  3. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

Well, in the complete final season bonus features, when the mimes are talking, they talk about becoming one with whoever was voicing the Gorg they were playing. Trish Leaper talked about focusing in on Cheryl Wagner's voice. They never mention a choreographer.
  4. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

I think so but why don't the people behind Fraggle Rock mention choreographers?
    Here's an example of a choreographer named Paul Becker working on A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa song, "Delivering Christmas".

You see, they mentioned a choreographer during behind the scenes on this Christmas special.
    It's a shame you can't know who did the choreography for Fraggle Rock. :sigh:
  5. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Gorg Choreography="Gorgeography"
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have a choreographer. There were only three Gorgs, not ten, so it's not like it'd be that hard to move/dance around. Now possibly if the Gorgs are all doing the exact same dance at the exact same time, that could be for that...but I would think in most cases the performers just kind of did their own thing and adapted to each other.