Got a Thing for the Bad Guys

Thijs

Reaction score
my faves are: Soundwave (Transformers) and Rocksteady (Turtles)

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I'm suprised nobody seems to have mentioned Sideshow Bob! I don't watch the Simpsons much, but I will ALWAYS watch a Sideshow Bob episode! And of course the Disney villians....My favorites are Jafar, Ursula, Scar, Maleficent, and Sykes, from Oliver & Company. (My favorite scene is when he's on the phone: "Whaddya mean? You start w/the knuckles! And then what? Yeah, the cement shoes!") OOOOH, and Rattigan from Te Great Mouse Detective! :big_grin:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D
OOOOH, and Rattigan from Te Great Mouse Detective! :big_grin:
Ooooooooooh! The Great Mouse Detective is the best Disney animated movie ever. Vincent Price as Rattigan was awesome!

I used to know all the words to his song, but, I think I forgot. I think. Yeah, I forgot. I think. Yeah, forgot the- what?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Ooooooooooh! The Great Mouse Detective is the best Disney animated movie ever. Vincent Price as Rattigan was awesome!

I used to know all the words to his song, but, I think I forgot. I think. Yeah, I forgot. I think. Yeah, forgot the- what?
If it's GMD lyrics you're looking for, look no further than here. It's got lyrics from all the songs plus a whole lot more.

-Kim

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I've always tended to sympathize with the bad guys in movies. Most of the time they're in a gray enough area that I can't help but feel empathy for them. I think my favorite bad guy has always been Gollum, from "Lord of the Rings" -- and "The Hobbit" first. My mom used to get mad at me when we watched "The Hobbit" because I said I liked Gollum... :frown:

Then, of course, there are those weasely bad guys who are just so much fun to despise, like Frank on "M*A*S*H". Bad guys are definitely great characters.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tommie
Rocksteady (Turtles)
I loved Rocksteady and Bebop. I thought they were so cute. Gotta love those bumbling henchmen. The guys on "Sister Act" always reminded me of those two. It's hard to feel to threatened by villains like that...
Erin

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Then, of course, there are those weasely bad guys who are just so much fun to despise, like Frank on "M*A*S*H".
Frank was funny, but I liked Charles better. He was much more of a rounded, three-dimensional character than Frank Burns was. I mean, Frank's "schtick," if you will, was being a simpering, sniveling idiot while trying to be what he thought was the picture of a model American soldier, not to mention a great doctor when in reality he was lousy at it. And of course he was dating Major Houlihan and trying to be secretive about it, even though just about everyone in camp knew. That got a bit old after four seasons, even with the added twist of Margaret getting engaged.

-Kim

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
Frank was funny, but I liked Charles better. He was much more of a rounded, three-dimensional character than Frank Burns was. I mean, Frank's "schtick," if you will, was being a simpering, sniveling idiot while trying to be what he thought was the picture of a model American soldier, not to mention a great doctor when in reality he was lousy at it. And of course he was dating Major Houlihan and trying to be secretive about it, even though just about everyone in camp knew. That got a bit old after four seasons, even with the added twist of Margaret getting engaged.

-Kim
I agree, I like Charles much better. But I don't really consider him villainous, even though he did occupy Frank's role. He was a much more decent and compassionate person than Frank, he just had an annoying superior attitude. I think by the end of the series he evolved to the point that he was as likable, in his own way, as the rest of them. Radar will always be far and away my favorite, though -- and he's about as far from a villain as you can get!
Erin

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I agree, villains are cool. A story without at least one villian in it is a pretty dull story. (To be honest, there are some exceptions to this rule. But the ones who do have true villians in them would fall apart if they were taken out of them)

I'd have to think about some of my favourite villians, but there sure are many. :big_grin: