Got Legs?

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Anyone have a source for puppet legs? I need male, female, fat, med, and thin.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I can probably find you a cheap source. What type of material are the puppets they are for made out of?

Show and Tell

Reaction score
they are rod arm foam and fleece puppets. Thanks in advance Buck

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
What type of fleece? Antron or polar? Do you have a pic by any chance?

Show and Tell

Reaction score
I will be making some with Antron but have only made them with antipill fleeces so far. The girl here isnt quite finished yet. She needs a nose, eyelashes, new pupils, and color in her checks including a few freckles. Manuel was the first puppet I built. http://photos.yahoo.com/puppet_builder

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Does the fleece on the legs have to match? Or could you just get foam legs and cover them yourself?

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Well, what I'm looking for is a pattern so I can make the legs myself. I want them to be foam and fleece legs that are able to match the puppets. It doesn't matter too much about leg material because I would always have my puppets dressed modestly, fully covered. Still I dont really want to buy finished legs. I am looking for a pattern since I haven't figured out how people are designing these 3D puppets out of foam and fleece yet. It's still such a mystery to me how someone can draw a picture of a character they want to create and then make it out of flat foam, putting darts in all the right places. This just throws me. So the search for the perfect legs continues. :big_grin:

I have purchased the ALP kit and several of the patterns. I have cut them out and assembled them, bought and studied the foam book series videos and books. bought and built other patterns like OWS's People Puppet Pattern and built one of those still I havent got a clue how someone can just come up with such designs unless they waste an incredible amount of material with trial and error till they get what was on that finished drawing. Someone bring me out of the dark on this one. How is this done? I know it takes years of practice to perfect but someone give me something to stand on here. Thanks all.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Oh you just need a pattern? I have a half dozen or so different ones lying around. I'll try to scan one for you later in the week because I have to scan a bunch of patterns for someone.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Thats really nice of you Buck! Thanks a bunch. Don't suppose you could shed some light on the other half of that question could you?... even though it would mean I sorta muffined my own thread. :wink: