Got Legs?

Show and Tell

Reaction score
So.....Buck did you ever get that pattern scanned in for the legs?

gfarkwort

Reaction score
wow Rosa looks heavy because of all the hair she has....is she?
why dont u just make your own pattern out of paper then you could make sure its the size you want then trace the shape. Then you could just use fabric and stuffing for the legs.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I'm out of town at the moment, but I'll scan it when I get back tonight or early tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Yes. Actually she is VERY heavy. It was an experiment gone wrong but I used her for as much trial and error as I could. I really learned alot from her contruction. I'm not really familiar with the proportions of a puppet. Should it have the proportions of a child or adult? (to scale of course) and figuring out what a head or a leg looks like all flattened out is kinda hard to imagine. As for Rosa, she will eventually become a homeless person for our productions. The homespun yarn I thought would look so cool as crimpped hair is going to start coming out eventually and once it begins to go (I'm told) it just kinda falls apart so shes a lost cause I think. Sadening cause it took a long time to punch 672 strands of yarn in her head and tie each one of them off one-by-one.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
re: proportions

Puppets do not generally conform to the proportions of anything. Most puppet bodies can wear child size 4-6x clothing (though some puppets are much smaller) but their heads are out of proportion (bigger). This is based on the theory that the head is where the audience should be looking and by being larger more attention is drawn to it.

As for hair, you might want to Google for some good web sites on wig-making. It's usually pretty time-intensive, but there may be a faster method than what you've tried!

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
I'm out of town at the moment, but I'll scan it when I get back tonight or early tomorrow. Sorry for the delay!
Did you get that leg pattern scanned in yet? I dont guess I really would need the actual pattern to use directly I just need to see how the pattern looks.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
:embarrassed:

I'm so sorry. I got busy and totally forgot about this. I'm sending it now.

buckshot

Reaction score
those are a couple of nice looking puppets. good work! :big_grin:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Puppet_Builder said:
Did you get that leg pattern scanned in yet? I dont guess I really would need the actual pattern to use directly I just need to see how the pattern looks.
Did this go through? My ISP is doing some kind of upgrade this week and my email has been a little spotty.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Did this go through? My ISP is doing some kind of upgrade this week and my email has been a little spotty.
No pattern came through if thats what you mean Andrew. :sympathy: