1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Great Muppet Caper T-Shirt @ Urban Outfitters!

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by frogboy4, Oct 13, 2008.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Yep, that's right. There's a Great Muppet Caper T-shirt at Urban Outfitters right now! I spotted it last night while shopping with my fella and bought it. It is the classic picture of Gonzo, Kermit, Fozzie and Miss Piggy on the motorcycle crashing through the paper. The movie title is in its famous red font over them. Other than the fact that it is meant to look faded, there is no text on the newspaper or credits at the bottom this is the classic poster on a beige T-shirt. The tag has the current branding; the copyright date is 2008 and listed as Muppets Studio LLC. It retails for $32 at the store. The fabric is very soft and thin. The small is a tad snug, but I work out regularly. If you like your T-shirts baggy you might consider going up a size I suppose. Just thought I’d clue you in. Urban Outfitters is one of the stores listed in the NY Times Muppet push! It has begun… :)

2. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

:excited: Will there be anyway to get this shirt online?

3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Not so far, but I did get by Adidas Kermit shoes from the Urban Outfitters online store a few years ago so who knows? I'd expect to see some of these shirts pop up on Ebay. They do have an iron on transfer without the Muppet Caper logo, but I don't think it's officially licensed.

4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

You have to post pictures of the Kermit shoes, Froggy. I have to see that!

5. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Here they are. I this is not the same seller, but they are the same shoes. :) And they are VERY green!

6. Fozzie Bear

You are quick! Thanks!

I love those green shoes! I love them! I wish I had the extra $80 to buy them, and I'd get 'em.

7. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

Yeah, the shoes are cool. The Adidas jacket is great too. I'm gonna check my local Urban Outfitters for the shirt.

8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yay! I just love seeing my childhood gentrified so I can't afford it! :D

It's probably a nice T-Shirt and all, but gimme a 10 dollar Kohl's shirt any day. They're pretty good quality, they have all sizes, and they have one heck of a selection (most of the time). Hey, I got a Thundercats T-shirt on clearance for less than 4 bucks. Looks like the same thing they'd sell at Hot Topic for 5 times as much.

9. Dr. Bombay

Dr. Bombay Member

10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm wearing mine right now! I will admit that the red does seem to bleed in the logo just a teeeeny bit and the image is intended to look washed out. Also, the site calls it "true fit" and shows the hem riding down fairly low on the model. Mine's a small and it's pretty short and tight. The fabric is soft and thin. I love this shirt, but keep in mind the small is neatly snug on this froggy's 5'10 tall / 30 jean size / 150lb frame. They do sell other sizes, but that model is likely wearing a large...maybe a medium.

11. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

What about this 5'2/10 jean size/125lb little piggy frame? Me thinks I might be able to sleep in it *lol*:coy:

12. Fozzie Bear

I'd be needing an XL size as usual. I found, though, that some sites list an XL size, but it's actually smaller. So, ordering online is sometimes kind of scary for me. I bought a T-Shirt from a site once that said, "I'm a much bigger Muppet fan than you are," and it was XL, but it was TIGHT! I'm not all that fat...sure, soft to the touch...but, it shouldn't have been that tight on me. Anyway, one day I need this shirt, too.

I still want the Kermit shoes.

13. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Bumping up this thread to mention that the shirt is on sale as of now. It's only only $19.99! Even with shipping, that's cheaper than the 80s Tees stock with shipping!

14. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

I found this tee at Urban Outfitters oposite Bloomingdales in NYC last week, at the store it was still $32.00, quite expensive and it is a really thin fabric, but I love the tee and I love that image.

I was surprised that I found it, for some reason I thought it was a web exclusive, thankfully not.

Chris