Great News From Gilda's Club!!! Check this out!!!

Convincing John

Reaction score
(Impersonating Grover from a distance) "Hello, everybodeeeeee!" (clomps noisily up from the horizon until his nose is about three inches from the screen)

"THE GILDA'S CLUB EMAILED ME BACK!!!" "Ohhhhhh!" (faints with a crash)

Yes, folks! I heard back from the Gilda's Club just this morning!!! I got new and great news!:excited:

First of all, if you visited their website, just ignore the October 19 auction. It ain't mine. That's something different. Well, anyway, the Gilda's Club Quad Cities is now having some construction, which is almost done. They are building a new addition, a new Noogieland!

:confused:

What is Noogieland?, you may ask. Well, it's a supervised play area for kids that's located at each Gilda's Club. It's named after the "noogies" that Bill Murray gave to Gilda during those Lisa Loopner sketches on SNL.

Well, they're almost done. And the Executive Director of the Gilda's Club Quad Cities is having a big open house at the end of the month, which means, people will be going in there and seeing the statue! Wheeee!:excited:She says the auction will be scheduled sometime after that, because she wants as many people to know about it as possible. There will probably even be some media coverage!

In my last email, I gave her a link to the Muppet Central Forum, and told her it was one of the best Muppet websites ever. (which it IS, of course :smile:) So, she might be reading our posts from time to time, too!

WOW!!! This is so exciting! And the best thing is, they will be seeing the Gilda from the Muppet Show (just like her plaque says).

I will continue to post more news in the future! Yaaayyyyyy! :smile:

Convincing John

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations Josh! Very exciting news indeed. Thanks for keeping us informed. Everyone is really looking forward to seeing the statue.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
Congratulations Josh! Very exciting news indeed. Thanks for keeping us informed. Everyone is really looking forward to seeing the statue.
Thanks! I tried to email two pictures of the statue to you. Did they go through? Just curious. :smile:

Convincing John