1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Great Performances: The World of Jim Henson

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by radionate, May 28, 2002.

1. radionate

radionate New Member

Question to everyone here. (and this is a goofy question)

I was watching a bunch of old Muppet tapes this past Memorial Day weekend (yah, I'm a loser, but I had forgotten that I had some of this stuff on tape and got really really exicted, but anyway), and on the World of Jim Henson Video they showed old clips of the live action shorts that Jim made for S.Street.

Here's my question. In one of those clips (in which we learn to count to three), is that a young Brian Henson with a plate containing three peas in front of him? I've not seen this one listed in any of the muppeteer cameos anywhere, and curiosity has gotten the better of me.
  2. Lu775

Lu775 Member

Yes, that's Brian with the "Three Peas!!"
    aww, he's so cute!
    :)
  3. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus New Member

I was wondering the same thing! I just watched The World of Jim Henson Last week and I said "That sure looks like Brian Henson!"
    That is so funny!

Sir Didymus
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Jim Henson made those himself, and he also was in one of them I think. I know he did the "King of 8" himself, too. There were several animated things he did for that show. Jim was truly remarkable.

FOZ
  5. doctort13

doctort13 Member

It seems as if all of us Muppet-folk are watching this wonderful tape.
    I took it out of the library just last week.
    I love "King of 8" too!
  6. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Yep, that's Brian counting peas LOL!!
    Jim cameoed as a very talented juggler as well.

I believe both clips are from the first SS episode, but I'm not sure.

- Billy :cool:
  7. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

cool thats interesting
  8. Iggy35

Iggy35 Member

9. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Traveling Matt

I think it was from 1st episode of "SS" too. I also think Brian has done a couple more of those number clips :confused: (Have to check it out :) )

Iggy35

IGGY!:excited: welcome back haven't heard from you for ages, so how's things?

Did you know Lisa Henson made a cameo for "Little shop of Horrors"?

See ya

MuppetDanny
  10. Iggy35

Iggy35 Member

Cheers Matey! :D
    I'm sure I heard it somewhere, could have been from you.
    Didn't you email me a list of cameo's a while ago?

IGGY35
  11. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Iggy35

Yeah, I sent e-mail a while ago with a list off all the Muppeteers cameos inc. Jerry Nelson in "Robocop 2".

I also sent another e-mail to you sometime last year and you didn't reply :concern:

What happend?

Anyway just to let you know my tape trade site is up - so check it out

See ya Iggy

MuppetDanny
  12. Iggy35

Iggy35 Member

Did a house move, so was without the net for a while.
    Had to wait until cable was installed in this area..couldn't go back to dial up now! lol
    Got connected up again on Tuesday!! :)
    Looks like I been missin out on a few things,.where the **** these smilies come from,..I love em! hehehe :) :D ;) :p

IGGY35
  13. WOCKA2416

WOCKA2416 New Member

Does anyone else think the World of Jim Henson is an awesome video? Don't think I'm a dork, but I think I must have memorized what each person said I've watched it so much. That special is such a great tribute to Jim.
  14. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

Definitely a worthy special. My grandpa taped it when it first aired on PBS, back when I was in 4th grade. From then on, I knew wanted to see more Sam and Friends.