Green Bunsen?

Storyteller

Reaction score
Hi,

A quick question for anyone. Every time I've seen a Bunsen figure in my area (San Jose, CA) the paint job is NOT the wonderfully accurate yellow that you see in photos, but rather a greenish hue that just looks... well..odd. :^)

The color is very "glow in the dark." This has made me hestitant to get one of these Bunsens, although I love the series and wish to get them all. Are ALL Bunsens this color, or am I mad?

JM.

grail

Reaction score
they really are ALL that color.

somebody asked Ken at one point, and he said that Henson pulled out the actual Bunsen Muppet, and he really is green. like a honeydew melon. apparantly the lighting they use makes him appear more yellow...

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
they really are ALL that color.

somebody asked Ken at one point, and he said that Henson pulled out the actual Bunsen Muppet, and he really is green. like a honeydew melon. apparantly the lighting they use makes him appear more yellow...
Hence he name...bunsen HONEYDEW!!! LOL!

SCHTANG

Reaction score
If you watch the 1999 movie "Muppets from Space" you will see that Dr Honeydew is in fact green thru out the movie.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by SCHTANG
If you watch the 1999 movie "Muppets from Space" you will see that Dr Honeydew is in fact green thru out the movie.
indeed, it's kinda the same reasoning behind why the Kermit figure is so much...greener than the real Kermit. the lights used in the past washed out the color of the material used to make the Muppets themselves. i don't know why, but i always thought of Bunsen as green anyway...maybe it was the word association...it was several years between viewings for me...

Jackie

Reaction score
Everything on these figures is pretty much exact. No need picking apart things like color, especially when it's CORRECT! LOL!