1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Green Bunsen?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Storyteller, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Storyteller New Member

Hi,

A quick question for anyone. Every time I've seen a Bunsen figure in my area (San Jose, CA) the paint job is NOT the wonderfully accurate yellow that you see in photos, but rather a greenish hue that just looks... well..odd. :^)

The color is very "glow in the dark." This has made me hestitant to get one of these Bunsens, although I love the series and wish to get them all. Are ALL Bunsens this color, or am I mad?

JM.
  2. grail New Member

they really are ALL that color.

somebody asked Ken at one point, and he said that Henson pulled out the actual Bunsen Muppet, and he really is green. like a honeydew melon. apparantly the lighting they use makes him appear more yellow...
  3. Jackie New Member

Hence he name...bunsen HONEYDEW!!! LOL!
  4. Satcapricorn New Member

5. SCHTANG New Member

If you watch the 1999 movie "Muppets from Space" you will see that Dr Honeydew is in fact green thru out the movie.
  6. grail New Member

indeed, it's kinda the same reasoning behind why the Kermit figure is so much...greener than the real Kermit. the lights used in the past washed out the color of the material used to make the Muppets themselves. i don't know why, but i always thought of Bunsen as green anyway...maybe it was the word association...it was several years between viewings for me...
  7. Jackie New Member

Everything on these figures is pretty much exact. No need picking apart things like color, especially when it's CORRECT! LOL!