Grover and friends count to 2

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed something about part 1 of the three-part sketch where Grover wants to promote the number 2. Grover has six people, including Kermit, count to 2. It's obvious that most of the performers are performing twqo characters at once, I guess Jerry Nelson and Richard Hunt were two of them, and Frank Oz just performed Grover... But was Jim Henson performing both Kermit and the man next to him, or just Kermit?

At the beginning of that sketch, Kermit slaps Grover, and shortly afterwards the man next to Kermit shows up. Obviously, Hensonw as just performing Kermit when he slapped Grover. But I noticed that after slapping Grover, and before the man showed up, Kermit stopped moving his left arm. Would it have been possible for Jim Henson to quickly put his other arm inside a puppet in such a short amount of time, with the other hand already beng inside of another puppet? Of course, there could have been somebody under the camera who helped put the puppet on, but we may never know, unless Frank Oz or Jerry Nelson or somebody who worked on that sketch can post an answer (or maybe the person in charge of residuals for that sketch can fill us in).

Part three has five characters, including a random anything muppet character. I'm not sure if Richard Hunt performed both Sully and that character in part three, or if another performer performed the character (the only other possibility would be that Jim Henson performed Kermit and that character, but I don't think that's it, as Jim Henson would have performed Kermit with his left hand, and since Kermit did the talking and not the character next to him, it'd be weird for Henson to perform the more active character on his left hand while performing a less active character on his primary hand). If there was another performer there to perform the blue guy in part three, then that performer could have performed the orange guy next to Kermit in part 1, though I guess I'll never know why an additional character wasn't in the scene.