Grover, The Count and Hot Dogs

billyk

Reaction score
Wasn't there a sketch that had Grover (as a waiter), The Count (as a customer), and a bunch of Hot Dogs?

I remember a part where it was going in fast motion with all these hot dogs.

Anyone remember the premise of this sketch?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Count ordered a hot dog. Grover thought he wanted it to eat, but the Count wanted it to count. The Count kept on ordering hot dogs and just counting them. After a few, the sketch went in fast motion with Grover bringing in more and more hot dogs and the Count counting and laughing.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's that classic stuff like that which I miss. The things that are funnee, whether they're educational or not.

Censored

Reaction score
That was when the Count was still "zapping" people to make them do his bidding. When Grover realized that the Count wasn't eating the Hot Dogs and only counting them, he refused to give him anymore. That is when the Count "zapped" his fingers at him, forcing him to speedily bring hot dog after hot dog until total exhaustion set in. There was another skit where the Count "zapped" Bert and Ernie. I'm not sure if there were any other situations when he did this, but I think they stopped it fairly soon. Maybe it was considered too scary. All in all, the Count was more ominous early on.

billyk

Reaction score
Yeah, I have the Count w/ Ernie & Bert with the blocks. He zoned them out.

I found that his laugh was more sinister/evil sounding back then too.

Then he'd enter/exit the scene with his face buried in his cape.

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
That IS creepy. Imagine if Elmo had that...
"You will do everything I say... you will call the show Elmo Ave."
or better yet...
"With those creeps out the way, I'll conquer Public Television--- AND THEN THE WORLD!!!"

- :smirk:

Dantecat

Reaction score
(1)Was this at Charlie's Restaurant?

(2)What year was this skit?

(3)How good is it?

I just hope it get released on the DVD:A Celebration Of Me Grover!!!!! :wink:

Mister Fred

Reaction score
I loved the count ordering the hot dogs & counting them.
That was one of THE BEST at Charlie's restraunt. All the others are with that man whose a regular customer. I think there is one or two with Simon Sound. But I hope the count ate them all. As the bridekeeper said, "AND IT'S VERY WRONG TO THROW FOOD AWAY!"

Censored

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
(1)Was this at Charlie's Restaurant?

(2)What year was this skit?

(3)How good is it?

I just hope it get released on the DVD:A Celebration Of Me Grover!!!!! :wink:
It was at Charlie's restaurant. Grover was confused about the thunder and lightening that was caused by the Count. He says something to Charlie like, "I'm busy. You figure out where the lightning's coming from."

It was made in the mid seventies.

I thought it was pretty good. I haven't seen it in a while, but I seem to remember it being rerun as late as the 80's.