Grover Thread

wockawocka

Reaction score
You know what? I noticed that Grover isn't see as much as he used to be! I really love him and he has such a cute voice. I miss Grover, how about you? Also, what do you all think about Grover?

ssetta

Reaction score
There will actually be a new segment with him next season called "Global Grover", which is about different parts of the world. He will be in the middle of a film, and probably talk about what the people are doing. But I am not excited to see it, I practically don't even want to watch the new season.

He DID have a cute voice when Frank Oz played him. Now it's this guy named Eric Jacobson, who isn't nearly as good as Frank.

wockawocka

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with you ssetta. I am really going to miss Frank Oz, he did the voice of so many muppets and did great. Now he is retiring and we are getting new voices, it's sad. Oh well, will the Grover bit be on normal SS?

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Well, wherever Grover goes, I hope he doesn't go anyplace where dropping the food on the floor is considered an insult...

OLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLE...*splat*

FozzieBear

Reaction score
:smile: Does Anybody Remember this sketch with Grover :smile:

Grover was a waiter and a man is sitting at a table, and he sees Grover and is like "oh no not you again..." I think there was more than one sketch featuring these two. The one I can clearly remember is the one where it is an extremely windy day, and grover cant hear what the man is saying. And he keeps bringing out the wrong things. I think he is on rollerskates as well. Please help. I am a Grover fan as well!!!

ssetta

Reaction score
Grover actually does get the order right, but everything keeps blowing off the table.

And to answer your question, "Global Grover" will be on regular SS.

roadrat15

Reaction score
I used to enjoy the few times that Grover would lose his temper
.. ."ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MINDS?!" LOL! It is said that Frank Oz wants out, he shall be deeply missed. Really, you could say his heart hasn't really been in SS ever since Jim died.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I definately remember the Grover as a waiter sketches. It's too bad there's only one of them transcribed at the Sesame Street Lyrics Archive site. I'd still like to see something official that talks about Frank Oz's retirement. I mean, when Jim Henson died, most people knew about it. I didn't really know that Frank retired until recently when I started posting here. Are there any websites or anything that talk about that?

ssetta

Reaction score
He only retired from the muppets. He's directing Hollywood Movies.