Grungetta plush doll

tmb1975

Reaction score
I was browsing in a gift shop today and they had a stuffed Grungetta (Oscar's girlfriend). I almost bought her, but she was $25. The tag said she was from Applause, but I can't find her listed anywhere on the web.

Do you think this is a find? She was adorable and I want to get her, but I can't imagine paying $25 for a medium sized stuffed animal.

Any help would be appreciated!

Gonzo

Reaction score
That seems pretty standard pricing for Applause's stuffed animals--especially if you're buying it at a Hallmark/Gift Shop kinda place. So I guess it all comes down to how much you want Grungetta....

:big_grin:

Quinnnnnnnn

tmb1975

Reaction score
Thanks! Since I searched Google for other Grungetta dolls and came up with nothing, I think I will get her. Maybe she'll be worth something someday. Besides, she was always one of my favorite SS characters. :big_grin:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd say the price is a little high, but that particular doll came out around 1996, so it's not easy to find today (outside of eBay). So if you want it, I'd highly consider getting her.

beaker

Reaction score
Phil, remember 4 years ago when I bought like 2 dozen of those at the dollar store? hehe Man, talk about inflation these days!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The dollar store does surprisingly have some good Muppet stuff every now and then! Cindy is always on the lookout for great Muppety deals. :smile: