Guess who's getting a movie this time?

Drtooth

Reaction score
What happened to the Marvin the Martian film? Weren't we supposed to have some dopey Marvin the martian film first?

Looney Tunes have pretty much had a bad time with theatrical movies. The earliest movies were basically clip shows hosted by Bugs, and their latest films had Bugs and Daffy playing second and third to other celebs. Not really a good theatrical stay. Not only that, but Warner Bros has been struggling to get their cartoons back in the public eye and to have them relevant ever since BIA flopped. And we ALL know what we got out of it... :rolleyes:

Disney was able to get Mickey, Donald, and Goofy and the rest back, but only because they're part of one of those kinds of kid's shows I disagree strongly with. I really think the Mouse needs a new House of Mouse/Mouse Works type project.

But above all, I want them to go back and TRY to make this a Roger Rabbit style film, with Bugs being a classic style toon, and not a 3-D furry CGI puppet thing. That's how toons are supposed to look, thick black outline and all, even when they're in real life. As long as the script is good, though....

Slackbot

Reaction score
I believe that sound I hear is Tex Avery doing the uneven parallel bars in his grave.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I believe that sound I hear is Tex Avery doing the uneven parallel bars in his grave.
Nah, he did that when they made Loonatics. Or, quite frankly, what they did to the Kwicky Kowala show... or Filmation's Droopy.

Filmation's Droopy... now THAT was an insult.

If I didn't actually like the DIC cartoon "Wacky World of Tex Avery" I'd mention that too.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
What happened to the Marvin the Martian film? Weren't we supposed to have some dopey Marvin the martian film first?
It was slated to come out in October of next year, but for now the project seems to be on hold. Hopefully it'll be an indefinite hold.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I am assuming that they'll cast an actor to play Bugs Bunny's classic enemy Elmer Fudd.

Imagine what he'd sound like crying out the famous line "You wascally wabbit!" I hope they can do justice to the character. Alternatively perhaps they'll use Yosemite Sam or maybe they'll feature both characters in the story?