Guess Who's Quitting Disney Channel...

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
ANNE SWEENEY THAT'S WHO!!
:smile::wink::excited:
man this year, is WAY BETTER THAN LAST YEAR!!, okay, aside from the flop that Muppets Most Wanted has brought us, but we can always talk about that in the Weekly Box Office & Film Discussion Thread, anyways, yes, Anne Sweeney is quitting, and being replaced by ABC News person, Ben Sherwood, OMG! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!! first STUART SNYDER on CARTOON NETWORK, and now Anne Sweeney, okay, as much I hate layoffs, Anne Sweeney and Stuart Snyder both needed to quit because they were ruining the two networks, anyways, here's the link, enjoy :smile:.
http://thewaltdisneycompany.com/dis...succeed-anne-sweeney-co-chairman-disney-media-

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't know what to make of this and it's all wait and see.

As long as it's hands off Phineas and Ferb and Gravity Falls, I'm open.

But the CN shift worries me because, well, every time they fire someone, they hire someone worse. CN has bounced back with Adventure Time, Regular Show, Uncle Grampa, Steven Universe, and bringing back Toonami... but it lost me by cancelling Mad, ripping down Young Justice and Green Lantern, and then trying very hard to pretend Beware the batman (a show that replaced one of them) didn't exist because it's not as cheap to produce as Teen Titans Go (flash animate/only one 11 minute episode a week) and greenlighting Annoying Orange and that terrible live action sketch comedy show.

mr3urious

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope the new CEO keeps his/her hands off the animated stuff, too. The last thing we need is more tweencoms shoved in our face.
Disney or CN. Disney doesn't obsessively obsess over those things much anymore. Especially since the Jonahs Brothers just flopped all over the place. They forced them into a show no one liked and tried to reboot it, effectively wanting it to happen badly and trying to make it something. They came up with the band first and the show second, a dumb move.

CN on the other hand has never had a live action series that was tolerated, much less liked and successful. They had huge backlashes for every single series they tried and they were only around because they wanted them to happen even worse than Disney wanting Jonahs Bros shows to happen. Stealing old Discovery Kids' shows was a cry for help. As far as I'm concerned, however, there are three major things I still hate about CN's "leadership." The fact that quantity over quality keeps Johnny Test on the air and scares them away from more expensive projects like Green Lantern and Beware the Batman. The Catch 22 of forcing shows to have toylines and all the idiocy that goes with it (i.e. fear of shows with female leads because toy companies hate female action figures). And especially the movie blocks that have pathetic garbage from the late 90's to 2005 that aren't cartoons and the only animation is some CGI special effect. Come on! Aren't there enough animated movies to fill time?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Nickelodeon has to be the worst run of the three kids' networks. Any animated show that doesn't instantly get SpongeBob-level ratings isn't worth their time (even though it took a couple years for that to get momentum too).

Well, at least two shows I'm enjoying, TMNT and Sanjay & Craig, got renewed for additional seasons.

Drtooth

Reaction score
TMNT toys are selling briskly. They took forever to restock after Christmas, and it looks like they're actually marketing TMNT over Spongebob recently. No Lie. I'm seeing more TMNT than Spongebob lately. On that level I'm happy.

But screwing over every animated TV show (which isn't new, they've done it all since last decade) because it isn't instantly popular because they never give it the opportunity is unforgivable. Robot and Monster was swept silently under the rug, as was T.U.F.F. Puppy. They make these shows so they have to perform strong in merchandise, don't merchandise them, and they wonder why they fail.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I never heard of this person before.

I wonder if the replacement is capable of getting more classic Muppet content available.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It wasn't until now that I saw that this person was quitting the Disney Channel. I thought she was quitting a higher-up job at Disney.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Question...

will this affect Disney XD at all? I'd hate for something to happen to Pac-Man and Xiaolin Chronicles. Hulk, Spidey, and Avengers all seem safe enough.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
And good riddance! That greedy witch of the west. And it's also Miley Cyrus fault for replacing Mickey Mouse as Disney's mascot.