Hair on her heady-head-head

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Here's my update:

I finally finished that puppet, and I'm quite satisfied with the hair... and very protective of it. I purchased some loose synthetic hair that hadn't been attached to a net yet at a wig store for $3 US. Then I went through a complicated process of attaching the hair in sections to some "plates" of the same fleece I had made the puppet's head out of using the sewing machine and my new best friend, duct tape. Then I hand-stitched the plates together and down the middle of the head.

After all that, I put the hair in a pony tail and cut off the excess. I fastened the hair up in the back using a button and a tie-strap running through the head. Then with a styrofoam ball and the excess hair I made a fake bun, inspired by a thread-covered Christmas ball ornament. I attached it to the head same way, and now the hair is permanently fixed! I'm still paranoid that something's ging to happen to it though, so when it's not in use I'm keeping a shower cap on it.

Here's some pics of it (they don't focus too much on the hair,but you get the idea):

http://groups.msn.com/purepuppetry/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=9

http://groups.msn.com/purepuppetry/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=8

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Very cool! Looks so real its kinda scary....uh.. Larry. Love that antron fleece tongue.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Nice hair! I'm jealous. I've been finishing off a new version of that Granny Gumms puppet I mentioned before, but I haven't been happy with the hair.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Puppet_Builder said:
Very cool! Looks so real its kinda scary....uh.. Larry. Love that antron fleece tongue.

Thanks! Actually, I died some foam red and cut out the shape of the tongue.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
No kidding? Wow! I could have swore it was antron fleece. Looks really good anyway.

PiggyLover13

Reaction score
I know how its done! you get a doll needle its really big. you get a lonnngggg wig that has a lot of hair. well if you are doing tis on rubber it will work fine if you are doing this on a fabric base make sure its really strong. ok then you cut the hair to desired length but i just do it at any good length and then cut it afterwards but then, its only a little piece remember.... thread the hair and sew it through the scalp, you dont have to literaly sew just make a hole and bring it through the bottom, tie the hair tight and pull it back through, and continue doing until the whole head is complete. I made a custom miss piggy 4 my neice and she rox! :mad: piggy lover :mad: