Half hour long commercial for TMS

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I don't usually flip the channels on TV at 7:30 am, but with our snow delay this morning, I had some time. To my surprise, there were the Muppets! Clip after clip.... what in the world was going on?!

Turns out it was a half hour of paid programming on WXPN sponsered by Time Life. They showed so many clips! The ad was to offer 10 VHS or 10 DVDs including 30 Classic Muppet Shows for $100.00, apparently half of what they usually sell for.

I enjoyed the commercial so much that I wrote down the number:

800-829-1717

Most of you probably have these already, but I thought it was worth mentioning. An infomercial for Muppets sure took me by surprise!

(Edited to add that you must use a credit card to receive the discounted price.)

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jes,

Thanks for spotting this. A rep at Time-Life told me they were preparing a new mass-market advertising campaign for the Muppets, but I didn't know it included a 30 minute advertisement. Was there anything particularly interesting outside of the clips from the actual shows?

Several new one-minute commercials should also be appearing on channels everywhere too, so keep your eyes open.

Gonzo

Reaction score
*gritting my teeth*

I still haven't bought them....I'm trying to be good...trying to be good...

UGH.

Self-Control isn't good for me.

Quinnnnnnnnnn

Lu775

Reaction score
TMS DVDs

Why oh why won't they mail these to Canada?
Time Life, you're killing me!

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
me too! Lu and I should start a revolution!!

actually, I knwo that some people on the boards would be happy to let us use their shipping address and pass it along, but the cost is also quite prohibitive...sad but true...

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
Was there anything particularly interesting outside of the clips from the actual shows?
Not really. They showed a *lot* of clips, and the voice-over highlighted certain guest stars who (I guess) they thought would interest the public. It kept going to the standard "speech" about the purchase price, but otherwise, was straight clips. Very entertaining.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
they did this when they relesed the pee wee's play house Videos, and played them early in the morning a few years ago, it wasn't Time Life thought, at least i don't think. I was hoping they would do one for the muppets! it's to bad they couldn't have a few muppets making a cameo on promoting the videos and dvd's they had the Terry teradactal and randy puppets on the pee wee commercial.

Zack

EmmyMik

Reaction score
You know a few weeks ago I woke up waaaaay too early for a Sunday morning and watched a 30 minute commercial for the Time-Life "Singers & Song Writers" CDs. As I sat there, wasting my time I thought, "It would be great if they did this for the Muppet Show tapes."

Now the question is, if Time-Life can read my mind, who else can do it too?

:big_grin:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
You know a few weeks ago I woke up waaaaay too early for a Sunday morning and watched a 30 minute commercial for the Time-Life "Singers & Song Writers" CDs.
Oh yeah, I have seen that one too. It is pretty good.

Joggy

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik

Now the question is, if Time-Life can read my mind, who else can do it too?
I can. You're thinking of Kevin Clash dressed like a Muffin.

:big_grin: