Half sphere eyes

shtick

Reaction score
I know this might sound very amateurish when it comes to building but I feel I need to ask.

When attaching a half sphere eye to a puppets head (say half a ping pong ball or Christmas ornament) what is the best way to do it?

I've been punching tiny holes on the edges and sewing them into the head and stuffing the hollow space with polyfill but I'm sure theres a more practical and long lasting solution.

HauntedPuppet

Reaction score
Ive always ran a hot glue bead around the inside lip and stuck it directly. My puppets have a few miles on them and I havent had a problem yet.

SesameKermie

Reaction score
I haven't attempted complete half-sphere eyes, but I have used this method on spoons and think it might work for deeper shapes. I cut a small cube of foam large enough to fit insde the deepest part. (so that the plane on the back of the eye is flat. Then I glue the foam into the spoon in the 'bowl' part, and then glue the foam block to the head. To hide any gaps, I use shaped 'pillows' to help disguise them. Depending on how you place the pillows , they become eyelids or bags, and other skin folds and features.