1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Halloween is just around the corner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sgt Floyd, Oct 1, 2007.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It seems pretty much from 2009 up to Tom Bergeron's last episode.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Okay. Thank you.

3. D'Snowth

I keep forgetting one of the downfalls to listening to Halloween music: having to put up with frequent tracks from GLEE's Rocky Horror horror.

4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Now that IS Scary! :eek:

5. D'Snowth

IKR? I've said it before . . . many times before . . . and I'm going to keep saying it . . . keep saying it . . . their cover of "Sweet Transvestite" is horrible! I know Drtooth has mentioned the oddity of the Chipmunks (which has typically been a very kid-friendly franchise) not bowlderizing "Time Warp" for their alien album, so what's up with GLEE (which is much more adult in nature) strangely bowlderizing "Sweet Transvestite"? I mean, yeah, I think it had something to do with the episode's plot or something, I don't know, but it still just ruins the refrain's alliteration.

6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Why does Glee have to go and edit Halloween songs?

7. D'Snowth

So they celebrate the 50th anniversary of Great Pumpkin by butchering it all to heck. Nice.

8. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Too much editing?

9. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

An accurate picture of me when I get a bunch of candy on Halloween:
    [​IMG]
    This is me after I'm done eating all of it:
    [​IMG]

10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I hate that, even though there's a fair share of Great Pumpkin merchandise, every freaking Charlie Brown special lives eternally in the shadow of the Christmas one. Anytime that gets an anniversary, there's always a big long special about how special that special was. Behind the scenes bits, and such. That lame "look at all the languages this was dubbed into" thing. Really a shame that they couldn't make some short filler at the end so we could at least have seen the portion of the special where Snoopy overreacts to Schroeder's piano playing of old WWI songs. Yet, they kept in a lot of the WWI flying ace footage that I remember being cut from 1980's and early 90's broadcasts.

I understand they wanted to run the Toy Story special and all, and I really like that one as well. But it's a shame they couldn't do something better than just rebroadcasting a cut version of the special for its 50th anniversary.

11. Pig's Laundry

Wait, WHAT??! Did I miss The Great Pumpkin yesterday??! I was told it was being shown on the 20th not the 19th. :(

12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

There's supposedly a new 50th anniversary re-re--re-release of the special, but I can't tell if they actually did something with it or just took old WB copies of the special and slapped a sticker on them.

And Happy Meal trick or treat buckets. They have a 3 bucks off coupon for that DVD on the back of the sticker sheet. Still, not a very impressive fiftieth for a Halloween staple.

13. D'Snowth

That took me by surprise too; I think supposedly the only other airing of the special this year is the 29th -- I think, I don't remember.

14. 123Sunny

123Sunny Active Member

Is anyone else gonna be anything Henson related for Halloween? I was Grover last year, this year I am working on an Abby Caddaby costume!

15. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

I'm surprised in the Great Pumpkin, they removed the scene of Snoopy at the party (his facial expressions are amazing), but they kept in all references to threats of violence- Lucy and Sally at various points threatening to slug Linus.

Again, poor Linus. The wise scholar who quotes the Bible at Christmas, leads the Thanksgiving prayer, and yet is so crippled with delusions of the Great Pumpkin and the Easter Beagle.

16. Pig's Laundry

I think Linus is going to start a really strange cult when he grows up.

heralde likes this.
  17. Flaky Pudding

I'm going to see the movie, The Monster Calls on Halloween because I like Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy and that's what the monster reminds me of. Even though I don't like horror movies, I have a feeling this will be the right amount of scary for me, :batty:.

18. Flaky Pudding

One of my best Halloween memories is when I was 13, me, my friend, and his sister went to the zoo on Halloween. We saw all kinds of cool animals, went to see The Wizard of Oz at the zoo's 4-D theater (yes they have one of those, :D) and stuffed our faces with candy on the ride home. After the zoo, we went out to eat at McDonald's. It was the best Halloween ever, :zany:.

MikaelaMuppet and scooterfan360 like this.
  19. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

lol

20. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

i trying to find an Halloween party to go to, one for adults, not for children.