1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Halloween is just around the corner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sgt Floyd, Oct 1, 2007.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Here are the Ernie and Bert pumpkins I painted for my mom:

2. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

I love them! They are so cute!

3. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

They're perfect! I actually didn't think about painting the whole pumpkin.

5. D'Snowth

I usually don't, but at least for the Bert pumpkin, since I knew I was going to do their whole heads as the pumpkins that I needed to paint the whole lanky one yellow.

Otherwise, I just usually paint whatever side of the pumpkin will be on display.

6. Pig's Laundry

One of my favorite parts of October is Nostalgiaween:

Can't wait to see what Stephen King movie/mini series he'll review this month.

7. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I wonder if he'll review The Shining miniseries.

8. Pig's Laundry

He already reviewed that one a few years back.

9. MikaelaMuppet

Oh. I did not know that. I'm assuming he has reviewed It.

10. Pig's Laundry

Oh yeah. That's one of their more well known reviews as they frequently reference the Tim Curry clown in other episodes.

"Excuse me, do you have Prince Albert in a can? You do? Well, you better let the poor guy out! WA HA! WA HA! WA HA! WA HA!"

11. Pig's Laundry

Also, they're next episode is a review of the remake.

12. MikaelaMuppet

I'll have to check The Nostalgia Critic out.

13. D'Snowth

So . . . "They're Coming to Take Me Away Ha Ha" is a Halloween song now? How? Why?

muppetgem likes this.
  14. Pig's Laundry

That sounds amazing

15. D'Snowth

Just like last year, Comcast's Sounds of the Seasons Halloween selection is seriously lacking the original Rocky Horror Picture songs (save for "Over at the Frankenstein Place," which isn't exactly one of the more memorable songs from the movie), but is over-abundant with the godawful Glee covers.

16. MikaelaMuppet

Why can’t MC just play the original versions?

17. MikaelaMuppet

Well, I know what I am watching tomorrow.

13 Nights Of Halloween!

I'll be watching The Haunted Mansion and my new favorite, Addams Family Values!

I just LOVE the scene where the various songs play (Annie, Sound Of Music, Brady Bunch)

18. D'Snowth

I've recently come to realize that Andrew Gold seems to be to Halloween music what Johnny Mathis was to Christmas music.

19. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

For anyone that doesn't know, throughout the last 3 years, fellow user @cjd874 has been writing his own original outlines of SS episodes from Seasons 3-10 and posting them on here. If you haven't seen them and you're interested, I highly recommend you give them a read: http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/sst-old-school-outlines.58107/

Sometime within the next week or so (at least by the 31st), he'll be posting his 100th(!!!!) outline!!!! You're all probably going to ask me "What does any of this have to do with Halloween??" Well, in honor of it being the big 100, AND Halloween coming up, he's pulling off writing a creepy/scary type outline/episode with a special guest star and related inserts. I'm not sure how it turned yet, so we will of course have to wait until he actually posts it...but as a longtime reader of these outlines, I have no doubt it will be phenomenal, so I personally look forward to it being posted!

cjd874 likes this.
  20. D'Snowth

Is it just me, or does it seem like there's no Halloween spirit this year? I can definitely see that people are anxious to rush Halloween out the door before it even actually gets here: the Monster Cereals have already disappeared from store shelves, there's hardly been any Halloween commercials on TV but there's already plenty of Christmas commercials on, and apparently a number of schools and churches across the country are canceling any form of Halloween festivities altogether. What gives?