Halloween is vast aproaching!

Drtooth

Reaction score
..so where is it? I have searched high and low for some cool Halloween decorations, and though I saw some really boss stuff...let's face it! It's all cutesy boo boo now. All these grandmotherly teddy bears dressed up as a piece of Candy Corn, and scarecrows that aren't scarey. WHAT THE HECK IS THAT!!!!?? The only thing scary here is that someone would buy them!

Not to sound hypocritical, but I do like the Snoopy Halloween candy and toy combos. I have high low searched again to find them, to little avil. They only have the Plush (not the figures) and he's dressed like a cowboy! Cowboys are not scary. Well, they are scary in what they did to the Native Americans, but that's besides the point.

I have a feeling that this year, like last year Halloween will go buy fast, without notice! Everyone's trying to rush over to Thanksgiving and Christmas. Probably some pap about how "comforting" they are. Last year, becasue of those events, people must've just said (like they said in an editorial cartoon) "we're tired of being scared."

Please tell me that Halloween won't be such a bust this year!

BTW, I've changed my avatar and signature for this occasion!

GWGumby

Reaction score
I think it's sad that Halloween decorating is becoming more and more like an Orange Christmas with house lights and wreaths and stuff.

I hate it when holidays start blending into each other. Such as the "holiday tree" that has somehow escaped Christmas and is now spreading into the rest of the holidays. You can get Easter Ornaments and Halloween ornaments and partriotic ornaments to hang on it.

I mean I can accept silly traditions that don't make sense for one holiday, but when other holidays start using it, that's where I get just plain mad.

Let's keep Halloween creepy and get rid of this festive stuff altogether!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby

I hate it when holidays start blending into each other. Such as the "holiday tree" that has somehow escaped Christmas and is now spreading into the rest of the holidays. You can get Easter Ornaments and Halloween ornaments and partriotic ornaments to hang on it.
I, however, would like to see a Halloween-esque Christmas (as you can tell from my current avatar, I am a HUGE fan of Nightmare Before X-mas!) Just think of it, singing horrific Christmas carols, drinking egg nog with a head floating in it! Decorating the old wilted thornbush! Man! I wish I was a member of the Addams Family!

But come on! All these @#$%!!! Teddy Bears dressed up like non-scary crap! At least a bat, or a Frankenstine!

Halloween doesn't sel;l as much as it used to! Christmas is getting so pushed! I like Christmas and all, but give Halloween a chance.

My problem, is that I'm 20, too old to Trick or Treat, and since I have few friends around (don't feel sorry, I'm just socially akward!) I'm not invited to parties. Even so, I have all these art school projects to do, so I can't go anyway!

It's like living alone on Christmas, no family and no friends. It's still Christmas, just no presents. You can still have fun, but not as much!

GWGumby

Reaction score
The Halloween of today is definitely not the same as that of yesteryear. Masks are pretty much forbidden in almost all organized activities. Parents are afraid to let their children knock on strangers' houses so most Trick or Treating has moved to organized activities at malls, shopping centers, and churches. Pranks and scares can result in lawsuits. Nearly the only scary element left in Halloween is horror movies.

My favorite Halloween party activity is to get a really bad horror movie and play MST3K--The Home Game. One extra element that we've added is to get a big bowl of marshmellows and throw them at the TV every time something stupid happens. It's loads of fun! Try it, I dare you!

And DrTooth I don't think there's any law that dictates the appropriate age range for Trick or Treating. I went several times in my 20's. I had a few people ask me what I was doing, but it was worth it for candy!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by GWGumby
The Halloween of today is definitely not the same as that of yesteryear. Masks are pretty much forbidden in almost all organized activities. .
Which is why we have so many ugly (hood) costumes! Two heads are NOT better than one! Beleive me!

I'll just stay home and watch Young Frankenstine or Nightmare Before X-mas, unless I'm stuck doing another water color assignment!

And people say art college is EASY!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
drinking egg nog with a head floating in it!
Sometimes your sence of humor is just sick.

I agree that the true joy of Halloween is not as big as it used to be. I was in a crafts store the other day and it had a lot of Halloween decorations, almost all cute and cartoonie.

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I'll just stay home and watch Young Frankenstine or Nightmare Before X-mas, unless I'm stuck doing another water color assignment!
I love Young Frankenstein. I bet you didnt know thats where Steven Tyler got the name for "Walk This Way"?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, my favorite thing about Halloween, an anual special concerning a certain family of Bug eyed yellow humanoids, with a dull-witted patriarch with a fondness for Donuts and Beer (If you don't know what I mean, I mean the Simpsons's Halloween Special) isn't going to air until after Halloween again (November 3rd, according to www.snpp.com/episodeguide/season14.html )

Darn!! Man, this is why I hate sports. But I've got the latest issue of Treehouse of Horror Comics (issue 8), and I can't wait to read it! Tommorrow, I'm going to Burger King to see if they got in the latest sereis of Simpsons Halloween toys!

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I suppose the Simpsons annual Treehouse of Horror special is the only truly Halloween thing we have left.

GWGumby

Reaction score
Yes, but the Simpsons Halloween show has been shown after Halloween for at least the past three years including this one.

Fox has the most shows that I like (as far as Networks go) yet that @#&#@!!#$!#!#%!!!!# baseball and other sporting events on Fox throughout September and October really get my panties in a bunch!

At least as they eventually release all the seasons on DVD I'll be able to hold my own Simpsons TreeHouse of Horror marathons each year.