Halloween!!!!!!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey guys! Guess what's on tonight? It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! The classic special in which Linus stays up all night in the Pumpkin Patch, waiting for the Great Pumpkin. The great special where Lucy gets a cookie, Pigpen gets a candy bar, and good ol' Chuck gets a rock! The terrific special in which Snoopy fights the Red Barron!

Directly following is the cutesy wootsey Winnie the Pooh special, Boo to you, Winnie the Pooh.

Statler: What's Booh to you, Winnie the Pooh?

Waldorf: Truth in advertising! Dwoa ho ho!!!

Well, it's still a zillion times better than the Americ's Funniest home injuries show that was on every single week (it directly follows Pooh).

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Darn editors! :mad: They added a part (showing the kids hitting more than one house, and thus Charlie Brown getting more than one rock), but they cut out the part during the Halloween party where Schroeder plays piano and Snoopy either dances or cries (depending on what song Schroeder played).

-Kim

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
Get the DVD and avoid any such violations. :big_grin:
Well that would require:

1) having a DVD player in my room to watch the DVD

and

2) having transportation to Shop-Ko to buy the DVD or VHS of the show other than my 2 feet.

But at least they left in some of the best parts, like Lucy and Violet using the back of Charlie Brown's head as a model for their jack o'lantern :big_grin:

-Kim

Drtooth

Reaction score
The series of Houses was footage lost for years, and only surfaced lasst year! I actually liked that part (I'm a sucker for running gags), and I just can't help but bust a gut when I hear Charlie Brown say, "I got a rock" in a depressed monotone.

I am not sure if the DVD has both scenes, so If you want ALL the parts, you'd have to tape this one (next year) and take an old tape of the old special and edit that stuff In. Of course, If you don't have a DVD player, you sure as heck don't have sophisticated editing equiptment, so I don't know what to tell you.

I just wished they'd've kept the Garfield Halloween special, though. I mean, in a choice between a cute and Cuddley Winnnie the Pooh special and a fat cat chased by ghost pirates on Haloween night, come on!

They used to have THOUSANDS of Halooween specials on, now all the have is Charlie Brown and a couple forgetable ones.

I wish that UPN would air the Fat Albert Haloween special, since they aired the Christmas one!