1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Hand & Hammer Sterling Silver Kermit Pin

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Kermieuk, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Does anyone know anything about the above item, or does anyone else have one?

It is a sterling silver Kermit Pin, his face and collar, it is copyright Jim Henson Productions, so from the 90's, it is attached to a velvet backing card, in a clear bag with a Hand and Hammer silver sticker to seal the bag, it is then in a card box with slide up lid that is printed with the Hand and Hammer logo all over it. The pin is approx 15mm in height. Mde in the USA.

I have had it for years but have never seen one else where, ie other collectibles guides, wiki or ebay.

2. Happy Pepe

Happy Pepe New Member

Hi I have been searching for ages to find one of these! My partner was given one when he was 8 or 9. He lost it a long time ago and has pined for it ever since (he's 32 now)! He is a huge Muppet fan and I was hoping I would be able to find another one somewhere for him or maybe have a replica made. Your description sounds identical to his. He was given the Kermit pin to go with his page boy's suit when attending a wedding in Hertfordshire around 1986, though it may have been bought in London. Where did you get yours? Would you mind posting a picture of it? Many thanks!

3. Kermieuk

Hey Happy Pepe,

Thanks for your comment and welcome to Muppet Central forum.

I doubt that this is the same pin, if your partner is 32, and he had this when he was 8 or 9, the years dont add up.

This was made in the 1990's?

I will certainly try and get a piccy added when I get chance for you to see.

Chris

4. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I have only seen gold Kermit head pins come up on ebay.There is also Kermit on a bike.

5. Kermieuk

Hey Muppetperson,

I have also seen the Golden Head pin and bicycle pin, I think they were from the Kermit Collection era?

I have FINALLY managed to post a pic of my silver head pin and a great JOY decoration pic that I found on ebay.

You can view them all here on the wiki

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Hand_and_Hammer

Chris

6. Kermieuk

WOW,

The Hand and Hammer 'JOY' decoration sold on ebay for £174

Maybe I should sell my head pin?

Chris

7. oznowicz

oznowicz Member

Did you every sell this? I have one that I want to sell and I'm wondering what to price it at. Thanks!!