Happy 20th Anniversary "Muppet Babies"

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
September 15, 2004 marks twenty-years since the first episode of "Muppet Babies" appeared on TV. On September 15, 1984 the episode "Noisy Neighbors" premiered on CBS.

The featured Muppets of this classic show were baby Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rowlf, Animal, Scooter, and Skeeter. Occasionally they had visits from Baby Bunsen and Beaker, and even Staler and Waldorf came to visit. The moral glue that held these Muppets together was Nanny, a character whose body was only shown from the waist down and we all remember the green striped socks. I loved how they mixed animation with live action movie clips and filled the episodes with parodies, jokes, and adventures.

The show lasted seven great seasons and, sadly, in December of 1990 the last new episode aired. Reruns were shown on CBS and Nickelodeon through the early to mid 1990's.

Let's all wish the Muppet Babies a very happy 20th birthday!

King Jim

Reaction score
I remember that like it was yesterday. I had just turned 51.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I remember that like it was yesterday, man. I was 4 at the time and remember how it hurt so bad when the MB went off the air the 1st time. I was SO mad! Seriously, I was not a happy camper; I grew up to that stuff. That sad day in December, my childhood officially ended. I was crushed and didn't know how to go on. *sobs at the memory* :cry: I want DVDs of Muppet Babies SO BAD! Anyone else have a crushing memory to share? :eek:

BJ :confused:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
Anyone else have a crushing memory to share?
I was sad when the show was cancled. :sympathy: But most of my Muppet Babies memories are happy ones. I too would love to see DVD sets of this excellent show! :wink:

MustangRockstar

Reaction score
Muppet Babies being canceled was kind of the begining of the end for saturday morning cartoons. That year Ghostbusters and Pee Wee's Playhouse also went away.

Ninja turles was already on it's decline {and probably hung on too long for that matter} and Garfield was only on for another three. Looking back a lot of those shows were the last ride for what I think was the rebirth of animation during the 1980's. By 1996 they were all the way of the dinosaur.

There's very little on network tv for kids now. it's sad, very sad.

Baby Rowlf

Reaction score
Wait!! How can they still be Babies after 20 years?!

:eek:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
sad -- I almost understood that! I wouldn't know jack about the Babies still being Babies after 20 years except for the fact that they are animated and as such never age. Anything I've missed?

BJ

Klonoa

Reaction score
The Muppet Babies Saturday morning cartoon anniversary date is September 15? Cool, man, that's my birthday!

--Klonoa