1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Happy 35th Anniversary to Fraggle Rock!

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Pig's Laundry, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

One of Jim Henson's three main shows Fraggle Rock premiered on this day 35 years ago!
    So, here's the place to share your thoughts on the show, memories, your favorite moments, favorite episodes, songs, characters. It's just a place to celebrate one of the best shows out there!
    :smirk: :excited: :dreamy: :sigh: :coy: :drool: :busy:

muppetgem likes this.
  2. Banjo man

Banjo man New Member

What can I say about this amazing show that hasn't been said. I was introduced the the Fraggle gang thanks to the power of DVD players. I sadly was not around when the show came out but I had a lot of great memories with this show. The characters are so lovable. I love it from beginning to end. Happy 35th birthday Fraggles :smirk::dreamy::coy::sigh::excited::drool::busy:

BlakeConor14 and Pig's Laundry like this.
  3. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

The best Henson show in my opinion! My earliest memories of the show is borrowing videos like Meet the Fraggles and The Fraggle Search and Find from a library when I was still living in Florida, I loved it! Back then, I didn't like it as much as I do now, I think The Muppet Show and Sesame Street was still number one then. Then when the Odyssey Channel was around, I'd watch the first half of each episode before my brother and I went to school.

Now that I'm an adult, I appreciate the show much, much more now. Fraggle Rock has never failed to cheer me up.

Happy Anniversary, Fraggle Rock!

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I first came across Fraggle Rock when I was seven. I had absolutely no idea it existed when we were out shopping I saw a DVD with a peculiar cover. There were all these colorful creatures on the front, in a cave. I wondered if it had anything to do with the Muppets, and sure enough, there was Jim Henson's name at the top. My mother told me she watched the show as a teenager. I was shocked! How could another Muppet show have existed all this time and I didn't know about it?
    I immediately became obsessed with it, with seeing a single episode. That night when we got home, excited about my discovery, I decided to draw some of the characters completely by memory! The designs that stood out to me the most were that of Red and Boober's. So, despite only seeing the characters once, and having no pictures to use as a reference, I drew the pair. And it was actually a pretty good picture, I wish I had kept it.
    I soon became obsessed with seeing some part, any part of this show. Unfortunately, YouTube was very small at the time, and lacking in third-party clips. But I asked for the DVD for Christmas a few months later, and I got it!
    At first I thought the show was boring, but it grew on my over the next few years, and now it's one of my favorite shows ever. I have the whole show on DVD, and that day when I was seven really changed my life. It's funny how you can be just living your life, going about your business, when all of a sudden something changes you forever. You have no idea when it's going to happen. I guess that's one of the fun things to look forward to in life (or dread, like Boober does).

LOL, this post is too long. I have no idea why I shared all that. Just feeling nostalgic, I guess. :p

muppetgem likes this.