Happy 37th Birthday Sesame Street

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Happy B'day

Yes, it was 36 years ago today, when Mom turned on Sesame Street for the very first time, and I was there!

It was something having a black-and-white set back then. Couldn't tell if Oscar was orange or green or brown or blue. A year later, when we finally got color... WOW!!!!! It's something a lot of you have never experienced but being introduced to color tv was an eye-opener to say the least.

And Sesame Street was the best eye candy going.:smile:

superfan

Reaction score
Ah, yes...
Happy Birthday to Sesame Street!
WOW.
That's pretty darn impressive.
What started out as simple dinner conversation turns out to be one of the greatest shows ever.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
True about being 36 instead of 37. It's hard to believe that one show has been on the air for this long, and still producing new episodes! You'd think that after 4100+ episodes, they'd run out of ideas, and dump the show!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SESAME STREET! Let's see what surprises are in store for 2006!
why would you think they'd run out of ideas? i'm sure as long as there's an audience for it and the staff and producers are willing to be creative and work at it, they always have something new keep it going.

Rosewood

Reaction score
On this day, 36 years ago.........

fuzzygobo said:
Yes, it was 36 years ago today, when Mom turned on Sesame Street for the very first time, and I was there!

It was something having a black-and-white set back then. Couldn't tell if Oscar was orange or green or brown or blue. A year later, when we finally got color... WOW!!!!! It's something a lot of you have never experienced but being introduced to color tv was an eye-opener to say the least.

And Sesame Street was the best eye candy going.:smile:
.....we only had black and white, also. Thats why I never remembered Oscar being orange. But a year later we moved to California for a year and lived at my Grandparents house. They had a color T.V., so for the second year I got to see it all in color, and it was wonderfull! Happy Birthday to my favorite T.V. show of all times! Love, Rose

doctort13

Reaction score
Sunny Days!

I too watched the first episode on an old B & W television set. I had the record and a book or two, and saw the photos of the orange Oscar.

Here's to another 36 years, and more!

Thank you Sesame Street and all of your staff, actors, and puppeteers!

BEAR

Reaction score
Wow! 36 wonderful years!! I can't tell you how grateful I am to have grown up with Sesame Street in my life. It has affected me in more ways than just the alphabet and 1-2-3. It has had a profound influence in who I am as a human being. Not enough words can express how I feel about this intellegent, warm, and nurturing phenomenon. Thanks, Sesame Street for everything you have done for me and children throughout the world. Let's continue to change the world through the magic of your characters, songs and stories. And a huge thanks to the woman who started it all, the amazing Joan Ganz Cooney. If it weren't for her, I dunno where we would be.