Happy Birthday, Count!

BEAR

Reaction score
Yesterday, October 9th was The Count Von Count's birthday. What are some of your favorite memories with our favorite numerical vampire?

Ziffel

Reaction score
My two favorite moments have to be:

(1) the skit where the mailman comes to his castle. Cool sound effects and atmosphere at the beginning. Then hilarious dialogue. Especially at the end when the mailman brings in sacks of mail and says, "You must have a lot of friends to send you all this mail." And the Count says, "No, I wrote these letters myself." The puzzled mailman says, "Yourself? Why would you want to read a bunch of letters you wrote yourself?" The Count replies, "Oh I'm not gonna read them. I'm gonna count them!" To which the mailman says, "Well, have fun" (in a way like he thought the Count was a little daft!)

(2) The Count counting flowers and then being allergic to them and counting the sneezes!

But it was a pleasure just to hear The Count in any scene do his "Ah ah ah ah ah ah" and "Vunderful!". It was such a brilliant idea on SS's part to think of that character who would both parody Count Dracula and love to count numbers.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I liked the Count counting the telephone poles in Follow That Bird

Ziffel

Reaction score
Oh yeah and also when he counts the credits. Very funny and clever ending to a spectacular movie.

BEAR

Reaction score
Gonzo14 said:
I liked the Count counting the telephone poles in Follow That Bird
Yeah. All of Count's moments in that film were great. He was used well. He didnt have a whole lot of lines or anything, but when he did, they were hilarious. I liked it when he counted the keys and grabbed onto Telly.

And also in the gas station scene with Olivia...
Olivia: Hey, Count baby! What's happenin'!
Count: Five jive! (and they give each other five)

Censored

Reaction score
The Count is probably one of the few adults who don't mind birthdays and getting older, because he then has more years to COUNT! AH-AH-AH...!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I always liked the song "Eight Beautiful Notes" and how he got more and more excited as the song went on.

It's funny, I always knew the bats were fake when I was really little because I could see the strings, but I didn't think that about the Count or the other Muppets!

abiraniriba

Reaction score
My favorite Count moments

How many favorite Count moments do I have, rather than telling you about them I will count them one moment, two moments, three moments. HA HA HA! But seriously I liked the time when he figured out how many stitches were in all the softballs in Hooper's Store. Also on MC Radio there is a song he sings where he goes shopping and winds up counting things instead fo buying them.

Maurice, there was a weirdo in here counting the umbrellas!!:big_grin:

BEAR

Reaction score
abiraniriba said:
How many favorite Count moments do I have, rather than telling you about them I will count them one moment, two moments, three moments. HA HA HA! But seriously I liked the time when he figured out how many stitches were in all the softballs in Hooper's Store. Also on MC Radio there is a song he sings where he goes shopping and winds up counting things instead fo buying them.

Maurice, there was a weirdo in here counting the umbrellas!!:big_grin:

"For start I'm going to buy some fruits and wedgitables. Ah!!"