Happy Birthday Father Mulcahy!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, so it's not really the good father's birthday, but today's William Christopher's birthday, so Happy Birthday to William Christopher, whose 73 today.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Aw, I missed that! Guess I didn't read the paper yesterday. I imagine he was listed in the celebrity birthdays. Father Mulcahy rocks! I used to think I was most like Radar, but now I think I'm more like the Padre.
Erin

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Wowzers. 73 yrs, huh? Well HB to him! I like him, but my dad thinks he's stupid, along with Igor & Radar which I both like.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
Wowzers. 73 yrs, huh? Well HB to him! I like him, but my dad thinks he's stupid, along with Igor & Radar which I both like.
They're not stupid, they have really important jobs!
Father Mulcahy is the spiritual advisor, and as Charles once said he made "This **** on earth a little more tolerable".
Without Radar, the 4077th wouldn't have functioned at all, for he was the one who kept all the files, and makes sure all the supplies are in healthy supply.
And without Igor...uh...without Igor...well that is to say, without Igor...well I'll make up something later!

Speaking of Father Mulcahy, I was just watching M*A*S*H right now, and the good father just socked someone! My jaw almost dropped straight to the floor, I was so shocked.

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Um, my Dad thought he was stupid, not me... just a little fyi...hehehe...

What episode were you watching? Do you have the DVD's? Do you have the movie? :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
Um, my Dad thought he was stupid, not me... just a little fyi...hehehe...

What episode were you watching? Do you have the DVD's? Do you have the movie? :smile:
I believe the episode was "Dear Sis" from season 7. It was Christmas time, and Father Mulcahy was writing to his sister of how he feels he's basically just taking up space, and not really contributing to anything. No I don't have the DVD's, but I wouldn't mind having seasons 1-7, and maybe 8. I have a few episodes on tape though, "Cowboy", "Kim", "The M*A*S*H Olympics", "Mail Call, Three", and "Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen". Caught a glimpse of the movie yesterday, and was amused how all the characters had different personalities, played by different actors, and the only same thing was Radar!

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Say, isnt the M*A*S*H Olympics the one where Klinger eats the rubber tire? That was hilarious!!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
anythingmuppet said:
Say, isnt the M*A*S*H Olympics the one where Klinger eats the rubber tire? That was hilarious!!
No, in The M*A*S*H Oympics, Klinger eats those giant loaves of bread, and giant hunks of salami.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I believe the episode was "Dear Sis" from season 7. It was Christmas time, and Father Mulcahy was writing to his sister of how he feels he's basically just taking up space, and not really contributing to anything.
I love that episode. It gives such great insight into Mulcahy's character, and I can really identify with him there.
Erin