Happy Birthday, George Harrison!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I nearly forgot (shame on me!) that today would be George Harrison's 64th birthday! I noticed a lot of members hear admire him, which is very cool. As Ringo said in his tribute to George, "Your song will play on without out. And this world won't forget about you." :smile:

*Interesting bit of Beatles trivia: though February 25 is generally regarded as George's birthdate, he insisted later in life that he was actually born on the 24th (though even his mother said otherwise).

Btw, here's his page on findagrave.com
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=6010942

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
George Harrison is very sadly missed heralde.:cry:
Happy Birthday to him indeed.:smile:

BTW I'll be back full time very soon and I wish everybody the very best at MC.

I hope George and John are both singing praise to God Beetle-style in heaven.

dabauckham

Reaction score
Yeah, I too was a big fan of George Harrison. I love his "Concert from Bangladesh", and was fortunate to see it recently on the big screen at a special viewing in the historic theater near my house. :smile: I can only imagine how incredible it must have been to actually be there for this concert.

At any rate, George definitely was the dark horse of the Beatles, but I don't think he was the "lost" Beatle as some make him out to be. He produced a ton of quality music before his unfortunate passing. I LOVED his collaboration with Bob Dylan, Jeff Beck, Tom Petty, and Roy Orbison as the Traveling Wilburys. I mean, how cool a combo was that? :smile:

His witty, spiritual, caring presence is sorely missed but lives on in his music and causes. Happy Birthday, George.

travellingpat

Reaction score
George was one of the great musicians of our time and hes missed by all worldwide!!

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Still my guitar gently weeps........ And it always will for George.

FraggleRockRock

Reaction score
Indeed! I've loved his music even before I knew his name!
And I've known his name for nearly as long as I've known my name! happy birthday, George!

Kiki

Reaction score
Happy birthday George and rest in peace!! :excited: :sympathy:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I cannot remember a time when I didn't know who the Beatles were, just as I cannot remember life without Muppets. Although I was a Muppet fan before I could walk, I can remember listening to my mom's vinyl Beatle albums before I was enrolled in nursury school.

In fact, I remember hearing the news of John's death as soon as it was reported (the day after my 5th birthday), and being both angry and sad.

When George died, it came as a shock as well. I know he had been sick for some time, but he always seemed to pull through.

I still listen to All Things Must Pass, IMHO one of the top three solo Beatle albums (the other two are John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band and Imagine).

I love the original, acustic version of While My Guitar Gently Weeps from the Anthology.

Of course, George had a wonderful sense of humor, and appeared in Eric Idle's The Rutles as a reporter. He also financed Monty Python's Life of Brian, and would sometimes appear during their live shows as one of the chorus members during "The Lumberjack Song."

If and when SNL vol. 2 is released, George appears on the Paul Simon episode from November, '76. He is in the cold opening, haggling with Lorne Michaels over money ("it was for the four of you!" says Lorne at one point), and even gets to open the show with "Live from New York." Later, he and Simon perform a medley of songs from each other's career.

Happy (belated) birthday, George!