Happy Birthday to ALL!

mr3urious

Reaction score
I reported this on the "What made you smile today?" thread myself, but thanks for stealing my thunder. :wink:

Anyway, it's great to see the weenies at Warner Music Group take a major hit like this. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anyway, it's great to see the weenies at Warner Music Group take a major hit like this. :smile:
Ah yes, WMG: the music group that'll file copyright claims on songs that they don't even own, like Muppet songs.

Drtooth

Reaction score

The fact this even had a copyright on it is ridiculous. It's a song that literally takes 10 seconds at most to sing. They only got it through dumb means and held the heck onto it for the money it gets from royalties from TV shows.

If anything we're losing one thing here. The passive aggressive attempts to get around the copyright with purposely terrible versions of it. And I'm kinda sad to wind up seeing that go away.

mr3urious

Reaction score
If anything we're losing one thing here. The passive aggressive attempts to get around the copyright with purposely terrible versions of it. And I'm kinda sad to wind up seeing that go away.
So I guess that means Mordecai and Rigby's new birthday song was all for nothing. :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They only got it through dumb means and held the heck onto it for the money it gets from royalties from TV shows.
I say they re-release Old School Vol. 2 so we can hear Maria sing it to David. :stick_out_tongue:

Drtooth

Reaction score
So I guess that means Mordecai and Rigby's new birthday song was all for nothing. :frown:

Actually, my favorite was always the Mudka's Meat Hut birthday greeting from Emperor's New Groove. And I'm not kidding on this one, but I actually witness an actual real life restaurant that actually performed it once. Oddly, I can't remember exactly which one (and it wasn't that long ago, so I should but I can't recall it), but they did it. I was incredibly impressed.