Happy Birthday to Joan Ganz Cooney!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just wanted to wish a special Happy Birthday to Sesame Street's founder and mom Joan Ganz Cooney. We hope that you have a great day celebrating your 73 wonderful years. Thanks for making life and learning so much fun for millions of children and families around the world.

Jamie made a special birthday banner for Joan that's on the front of our site. Check it out!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
HIYA JOAN GANZ COONEY!!

My fave moment regarding Joan is at the end of Follow That Bird, and Count von Count says, "One! One Joan Ganz Cooney! Hi, mom!"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MS. MA'AM!!!

FOZ

radionate

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Joan, and thanks for the many wonderful years of Sesame Street and for being a "Mom" to all of us!!!!!!

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Joan! My favorite Joan moment was when she looked at Jim Henson and said "How do you know that man isn't going to kill us?"! LOL!

Sir Didymus

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Happy 73rd Birthday, Joan! My favorite moment was when joan commened Episode 1; "it was an overnight success. No question."

Muppetfreak

Reaction score
brush with cooney

I walked past her office once and like saw her elbow. I was not supposed to be down there so I like ran at that point. But she is a most cool lady!