And... I shall say it ahead of time.
Poor Beaker. LOL

More please!

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
Your wish has been granted, Miss Kermie :smile:

Chapter Four

Let Us Get Prepared

Kermit went to the elementary school to see the principal some time later that day. Needless to say, he was thrilled to hear that the others had agreed to do this. He showed Kermit the stage where they would perform. Naturally, it was a lot smaller than the one they use to have their show on but what else was to expect? Mister Page went on to explain that several rows of chairs will be set in front of the stage and that the performers are going to change in the locker rooms. Furthermore, a number of tables would be set for food and drinks and they would have the Art teacher in a rabbit costume to hide the Easter eggs and host the Easter egg hunt.

Miss Piggy, Janice, Camilla and Julie all sat in an ice cream parlor. They had decided to take a stroll through the town instead of just sitting around in the hotel and thinking of a song they could sing. On their way, they came across this nice little ice cream parlor with a colorful sign reading Mike’s Ice Cream. The interior was painted in colors that reminded one of summer, along with pictures of whales, dolphins, tropical islands and beaches decorating the walls. There were not many people in the parlor, mostly because the majority ordered popsicles. The four females, however, each had a sundae with fruits.
“How about Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah? It is a nice song that can make one feel good, at least in my opinion”, suggested Julie. “Or we could all write down a few songs on little pieces of papers, put them in a bowl and let someone pull one out.”
“And what if someone doesn’t know the chosen song? It, like, would be better if we sing a song each one of us knew”, replied Janice.
“Well, um, does everyone of us know Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah?”, asked Julie, raising both of her eyebrows and smiling sheepishly. To her relief, it was the case but the still agreed to think of more songs before rehearsing one or more. But first, they had to finish a sundae; it would be a shame to let it melt away. Maybe their vacation would not turn out as the thought it would, but they knew they can manage it. After all, it could have been worse, for example they could have been called back because of a crime or even murder. But performing for children was alright for them. They would do a good thing and the children will be happy.

The hotel bar was devoid of any guests, because it would only be open at night. Only Rowlf and the hotel band with their singer were present in the room, with the dog sitting at the piano. The band had kindly permitted him to practice with them. They currently took a break, however, and listened to Rowlf playing his music.
“That dog sure is talented”, said the saxophone player. His fellow band members murmured words of agreement, even saying that he should join him.
“Guys, we can’t possibly take him away from the Muppets” reasoned their singer, although she was smiling. The band shrugged simultaneously before putting their attention back on Rowlf. He had not had a chance to speak with Julie yet but he decided to let it slide for now. It was not the end of the world and he had plenty of other chances to ask her. After all, she was in the Muppet Theater everyday, except on weekends. Even then, he knew where she lived, so it was not like he could never manage to get her to talk to him. So, instead of dwelling on that subject, he would simply practice Firebird Suite for his performance. Nevertheless, he was wondering what his friends had in store. The only things that were certain were the acts of Clifford, Gonzo and Walter. He had no idea what Bunsen and Beaker were planning, except that it would end painfully for Beaker. He had no way of knowing if the girls had decided on a song and what everybody else was planning. Although, Rowlf did hear Kermit mention to Robin that he had something that was actually for The New Muppet Show but would be used for the Easter party. Oh well, he would know it soon enough whatever it was.
“Hey, my doggy friend, mind if we could use our piano again?”, asked the band’s piano player.
“Sure thing”, said Rowlf, moving away from the piano. “I’ll come back later.”
When he left the bar, he saw the four females of the group returning from their walk. From the looks of it, they had done more than just strolling around as they carried shopping bags with them. There even bellboys who helped them carrying even more bags, although Rowlf suspected that most of them belonged to Miss Piggy. But what was it with girls and shopping?

“Whew, that was fun”, commented Julie after they entered Kermit and Miss Piggy’s hotel room. “I didn’t know shopping could be so much fun.”
“You sound like you have never done it before”, commented Miss Piggy as she put her shopping bags, including the ones carried by the bellboys, on the still tidy bed.
“Well, there aren’t any possibilities for real shopping where I lived”, retorted Julie. “And the nearest big city was in Poland and exchanging currency would be a little inconvenient.”
Julie sat down on the floor in Indian style, her shopping bags lying next to her. There was something in the way she looked at Miss Piggy, Janice and Camilla that indicated she would say anymore of this subject. Janice and Camilla also sat down on the floor, while Miss Piggy sat on the bed.
“And have you girls thought of a song yet?”, asked Kermit, startling them. None of the girls had seen him sitting at the desk. He looked at them curiously, although his eyes got a little larger at the number of the shopping bags.
“I hope you weren’t just shopping”, he said.
“Of course not, Kermie, we were trying hard to agree on a song, weren’t we?”, said Miss Piggy, first looking at Kermit and then looking at the other girls. They gave nods and words of confirmation to her words.
“What were you buying anyway?”
“Clothes and believe me, I think you will see more of what Miss Piggy bought than we will”, said Julie.
“Yeah, and we, like, were with her all the time”, added Janice. Camilla clucked in affirmation.
“Okay, if you say so. And Miss Piggy, Julie, I have a little sketch we could do for the children”, said Kermit. “It was actually for our show but I think it could work here. There’s a role for you, Miss Piggy.”
She looked pleased when he said that, sitting more up straight and smiling with pride. Once or twice, maybe even thrice, she batted her eyelashes at him. Kermit tried to ignore her as he put his attention to the only German born in the room:
“Fozzie was supposed to play the villain. Could you do it for him, please, Julie?”
“Okay”, she said, quick like a shot. She had a large smile on her face, which reminded Kermit of a certain mouse, and looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to say more about the sketch. Kermit took two copies of the sketch and handed them to Miss Piggy and Julie.
“How come you have copies with you?”, wondered Julie, opening hers. Her question was answered when she noticed the script was handwritten. “Oh, that explains it. But it has a better handwriting than your song list from a few weeks ago.”
“That’s coming from someone who manages to make a K look like a U”, muttered Kermit, as he took a number of other handwritten copies and left the room. Julie childishly stuck out her tongue at him. After he left, she shrugged in an indifferent manner as she scanned the script with Janice and Camilla looking over her shoulder. Miss Piggy was doing the same with her copy before both put it away. Then they all started to discuss what they could sing together.

Clifford meanwhile was in his room practicing his song, with Rizzo walking worriedly around in circles. The rat’s antics made Clifford feel annoyed with his fidgeting and incoherent mumbling. Of all times Rizzo had to be such a pain, it had to be a time where someone was busy at the moment. Besides, Rizzo was supposed to be outside with Gonzo to rehearse their act but he hid under the bed, trembling like a leaf, when the weirdo came to fetch him. That was about the same time Clifford had started practicing and since then, Rizzo had done this routine.
“Rizzo, why don’t you do me a favor and leave?”, said Clifford when he got too fed up with Rizzo’s antics. The rat stopped at once and looked at him with an expression of utmost fear. Clifford may as well have told him to jump off the Empire State Building.
“And risk being found by Gonzo!?”, he exclaimed, frightfully. “I still want to live, y’know.”
“Well, it’s your own fault that you agreed to this”, responded Clifford with a finality in his voice. He went back to practice his singing and Rizzo, sighing in defeat, left him alone. His head hung low and a miserable look was plastered on his face. He ignored the chambermaids who looked at him revolted. No, he simply walked through the halls aimlessly, sometimes greeting his fellow Muppets when he came across one. But then he heard a voice which made him freeze in his tracks:
“There you are, Rizzo! I’ve been looking for you everywhere!”
Gonzo appeared next to Rizzo and took him by his arm.
“Come on, we still have to practice.”
With that, Gonzo dashed off with a very reluctant Rizzo who wondered what he did to deserve it.

Walter, meanwhile, took a break from practicing. He had whistled Dance of The Flutes since after breakfast and, truth to be told, he was getting a little hungry. Besides, he had to get out of his room, some time. This was why Walter took a walk through the park. Just like the day before, there were people playing and walking with their dogs. He saw a few children playing soccer or baseball with their parents looking on; some fathers were even joining the game. A breeze blew on this particularly hot April day, giving off a refreshing feeling. Walter came across a hot dog stand, where he bought one. Munching it, he continued down the path before sitting down on a bench under the shade of a tree. There was a pond right in front of him. Ducks happily quacked and swam around while being fed by an elderly bespectacled woman. A smile adorned her wrinkled face as the ducks gathered around in front of her. A little girl and a little boy appeared next to her. The girl was asking something, to which the elderly woman nodded and said something. Whatever it was, it made both the boy and the girl cheer and run off. Walter leaned back and closed his eyes while another cool breeze caressed his face. He enjoyed his time just sitting there and listening to the ducks quack. Although he had loved living in Smalltown with his brother, he felt more at home with the Muppets. It was like he had belonged to them since he was born. Walter still kept contact with Gary and Mary, the happily married couple who had been watching The New Muppet Show every week. They had told him they like the new show and that they immensely enjoy his act. Walter would tell them about the backstage stuff that was going on, from getting the new assistance to how Kermit and Miss Piggy got together for real. Gary once mentioned that he and Mary would come to visit in the summer. Right now, they both are on vacation in Spain.

Kermit, Miss Piggy, Robin, Sweetums, Scooter and Julie stood on the stage of the bar, with the hotel band sitting on various chairs and watching them. Scooter stood right next to Julie, who was on her knees, seemingly in defeat. She clutched her heart and bit her bottom lip in pain before letting out a gasp and collapsing. Scooter sheepishly looked at the others, who all glared at him, and ran off. Julie sprung up to her feet while the go-fer returned and they all bowed to their audience. The hotel band clapped at the performance and singer stood up and walked over. She stood right in front of them, an appreciate smile on her face.
“Y’all gonna knock ‘em dead”, she said encouragingly.
“But we not wanna them to die”, said Sweetums.
“She meant we were great, Sweetums”, explained Robin. In response, Sweetums jumped off the stage and enveloped the singer in a hug. An astonished shriek escaped her lips before she relaxed and hugged him back.
“You know, my son and daughter go to the elementary school, too”, she said. “They’ll be happy to know the Muppets are performing. They simply love your show.”

Over the course of the week, the Muppets rehearsed their acts like there was no tomorrow. Of course, they still took their break every now and then. But usually, they would eat breakfast together, and then they would go their separate ways to rehearse and eat dinner together. Those who had more than one act divided their rehearsals by practicing one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. By now, the hotel staff had heard of their contribution and they fully supported them. Then again, most of them either had children or nephews and nieces attending the school. Costumes were provided by the staff, although Miss Piggy, Janice, Camilla and Julie had decided to wear the clothes they had bought for their song. But for the sketch, Julie would be wearing a costume offered by the hotel staff while Miss Piggy would still be wearing something she bought. After all, she had bought more clothes than the other girls. The day before the Easter party, they all ventured down to the school, where they met Miss Taylor and Mister Page. Both were a little surprised to see Julie as they had never seen her before. But everything was alright after some explanations. Miss Taylor showed them the backgrounds and the technical equipments. Julie offered some of her music, which she had stored in her music player.
“We have another problem”, said Mister Page when Miss Taylor and the others returned a few minutes later.
“What was it?”
“Mister Stevens had called in sick. He can’t play the Easter bunny tomorrow.”
“Oh dear, where do we get an Easter bunny now? All the other teachers are away in vacation”, replied Miss Taylor, frowning.
“Does anyone need a bunny?”, asked someone. Everybody turned around to see Bean Bunny looking innocently up at them.
“What a funny coincidence”, commented Miss Piggy, looking straight at the readers.

Misskermie

Reaction score
You are a genie! And A genius!
And I love it when girls hang out together!
And... How exactly DOES a K look like a U?
And Kermit shall see more of the clothes than them? O.O
>_> Woa...
Fozzie as a bad guy... He's too sweet, and cute and funny! Glad that you changed it, I was about to be all like, Whatttt?
And yes as for the end, coincidence indeed, but he'll be the smallest easter bunny they ever had!!!

More please!!! PLEASE!!!

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
Here's chappie five :smile:

Chapter Five

An Eggciting Show Part One

Sunday, the day of the Easter party, came. The Muppets, Julie, Mister Page and Miss Taylor met up on the school grounds in the midmorning. The party would not start until early afternoon but they still had some things to do. Bean Bunny had been given eggs, painted by the children in Art class, to hide on the school grounds. The Electric Mayhem and Sweetums helped Mister Page to set up the stage for the opening number, which happened to be the band playing. Julie and Scooter were with the janitor, who was responsible for the technical equipment. Sometimes, he would play some songs to give The Electric Mayhem and Rowlf a break from playing. The others arranged about every chair in the school building in front of the stage. Miss Taylor put food, drinks and a large number of baskets, adorned with ribbons of various colors, on the tables which all stood underneath a marquee. By the time everything was done, Miss Taylor retrieved her picnic basket from her classroom and handed each one a sandwich and something to drink. Kermit then went over the schedule with Scooter one last time and made sure everyone had everything they needed.

The first families arrived about an hour after the Muppets, Julie, Mister Page and Miss Taylor ate lunch. Among them were some faces they recognized, like Reginald with two other adults and three children, Jeremy with his parents, the hotel singer with her husband, the elderly woman who had fed the ducks and two children and the waitress from the hotel bar with a little girl. The Muppets hid when the first guests were in view, in hopes to surprise them. Only the fewest of them knew and they had made the promise to not tell anyone, lest it would spoil the surprise. Miss Taylor and Mister Page welcomed each and everyone, guiding them to the chairs. When clock struck exactly one o’clock, Mister Page stood on the stage. He had his arms spread out and a beaming smile on his face.
“Children, parents and other guests, welcome to the Easter party on this fine Easter Sunday”, he said, his voice holding a joyful tone. “Today, we will have an exciting program full of music, laughter, merriment and an Easter egg hunt. The child who finds most eggs will be rewarded.”
Children grew restless in their seats. What could the reward be? Exciting whispering emitted through the rows, each child telling their friend what they thought it would be. Parents hushed their children as Mister Page was not quite done yet. But he was beaming at the children’s excitement. When the whisperings quieted down, he cleared his throat and finished his speech:
“But before we start with the Easter egg hunt, we will begin the party with a band I’m certain every one of you knows of.”
He left the stage the same time the curtain lifted. More exciting whispers, this time from both the children and the adults, came from the rows when they spotted a few familiar faces. They waited until the crowd quieted down and started playing the song. Doctor Teeth started to sing:

Day-o, day-ay-ay-o
Daylight come and me wan' go home
Day-o, day-ay-ay-o

Floyd joined in the next verse, both now singing a duet:

Work all night on a drink of rum
Stack banana till de morning come
Day-o, day-ay-ay-o
Day-o, day-ay-ay-o

Janice sang the next verse alone:

Come, Mister tally man, tally me banana
Come, Mister tally man, tally me banana
Day-o, day-ay-ay-o
Day-o, day-ay-ay-o

Now all three sang the rest of the song, while the other three played their instruments vigorously:

Lift six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch

Beautiful bunch of ripe banana

Hide the deadly black tarantula
Six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch
Day, me say day-ay-ay-o
Day, me say day, me say day, me say day.

Many adults in the crowds tapped their feet to the song and some of the children took a liking to the Harry Belafonte song, too. But no matter if they liked the song or not, there was no denying that The Electric Mayhem did a swell job on it. Those who liked the song gave the band an energetic applause, some even standing up, and those who were not fond of the song politely clapped their hands. The band bowed and left the stage while the curtain closed. Mister Page came back on, this time in company of Bean Bunny. Mister Page cleared his throat.
“Children, the time for the Easter egg hunt has begun. There-”, he indicated to his left side were Miss Taylor stood in front of the baskets. “You will see your baskets. Each one of you shall take one and when our personal Easter bunny gives the word, the egg hunt will officially start.”
There was a shuffle when the children and the adults got up and the children went over to Miss Taylor. She, with a kind smile on her face, handed to each of them a basket. When every child had one, they stood side by side in front of the stage. Mister Page picked Bean Bunny up and the little Muppet spoke into the microphone:
“Let the Easter egg hunt now begin!”
Children cheered and ran off to look of the eggs. By now, Julie had emerged from her hiding place and walked around, taking pictures with her camera. Many had never seen her before of course, so when asked who she was, she would simply smile and reply “No one. Just your personal paparazzi.”. Sometimes, she would get the attention of the people she was photographing by saying various things. These could either be ordinary things like “Smile!” or “Say cheese!” but also random things like “Peppermint!”, “Shadowland!”, “Nintendo!”, “PlayStation!”, “Keyblade!”, “Chocobo!” or “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!”. She would also say Russian words like “Окно!”, “Дед Мороз!”, “Мороженое!”, “Подруга!”, “Пасха!” or “Молоко!” and German words like “Käse!”, “Ostern!”, “Ente!”, “Papagei!”, “Wurst!”, “Schwein!” or “Schokolade!”. She got weird looks when she used foreign words, but that did not bother her. Eventually, no one decided to bother when she used Russian or German words, although some asked her how she knew those languages.
“I’m from Germany and I had three years of Russian lessons in school”, she replied. A few children asked her to teach them some words, to which she said she could at least try.

The children looked everywhere on the school ground for eggs, under the tables, under the seats, under the stage, on the playground, up in the tress, in the bushes. After some time, Bean Bunny announced the end of the Easter egg hunt. The children assembled in front of the stage once again, this time their baskets filled with colorful eggs. Bean Bunny, in company with Mister Page, counted the number of eggs each child found. The principal noted the number down on a clipboard next to the names. After they were done, they looked over the clipboard.
“And the winner of the Easter egg hunt is…”, Mister Page paused for dramatic effect. The children all looked at him with large eyes. “Judy Puckle!”
The little girl who had arrived with the waitress from the hotel bar let out a delighted shriek. She handed the basket to her older sister, who stood right behind her, and went on the stage where Bean Bunny handed her a gift basket that was about the same size he was. Inside the basket was a little rabbit plushie, some chocolate and decorative chickens. Judy thanked both the Muppet and the principal before jumping off the stage and showing her sister her prize. The young, black-clad girl smiled as she looked at it. Every other child huddled together to take a look at the prize, some voicing their jealousy, other saying that they do not like this prize and others telling Judy they are glad for her. Julie asked her to let her take a photo of her and the prize. Then the curtain opened once again and Rowlf sat at his piano. The stage background showed a picture of a field with a mountain in the background and a phoenix flying in the sky. He put his paws on the ivories and started playing. Peaceful colors, like green or sky blue, lighted the stage at the beginning. Flowers, that decorated the stage, gently swayed in the wind. Then the colors went to yellow that gradually became to an orange and then to a red. The red got fiercer with each note until it was crimson. And as fast as the color got red, it turned into a sea green which slowly turned into other shades of green until it became such a shade that might as well scream “Life!”. The Firebird Suite ended with the colors of the rainbow lighting the stage. Rowlf then stood up and took a bow as the guests applauded.

Next on stage would be Clifford. But while his number got prepared, Miss Taylor hosted another game for the children. This time, they had to walk in a straight line while balancing an egg on a spoon. The winner would receive a hug from a Muppet of their choice, although it was only limited to those who were present. Those who choose to participate stood side by side, with enough space between them.
“Ready! Set! Go!”
Every spectator cheered as the participants started to walk off to the goal. Judy lost her egg very soon, while the daughter of the hotel singer lost her when she was almost at the goal. Her brother lost his midway. In the end, the winner was one of the children that came with Reginald.
“Congratulations, Max”, said Miss Taylor. “Now, who do you want a hug from?”
Max, who was a big dog lover, chose Rowlf. The canine Muppet put his arms around him and patted his back while whispering his congratulations. Julie, who was being watched all the time by Reginald, took a picture of this. Then Max thanked Rowlf and went back to his family who were very happy for him. The hotel singer approached Rowlf.
“You know, you were really great on stage there”, she said. The dog looked up at the dark-skinned woman and said “Thanks.”
“My children were really excited when they saw you guys. But where’s Fozzie? He’s my son’s favorite Muppet.”
“He had decided to visit his mother.”
“Ah, that’s nice of him”, she said. “By the way, my name is Martha. And that here-”. She gestured at the light-skinned man who appeared next to her. “Is my husband Ronald.”
“Pleasure to meet”, he said and offered his hand.
“Pleasure’s all mine”, replied Rowlf and shook his friend. Nearby, Jeremy was speaking with the Electric Mayhem, voicing his excitement about the Muppets performing here on the party. All around, the children and adults were talking to the Muppets. Mister Page however, was speaking to Julie about the photos she was taking.
“Do you think, you could send us copies?”, he asked.
“Hm, we could ask who wants the photos and I burn them on a number of DVDs. I’ll send these to you. How about it?”, Julie offered. “Of course, I want to be paid. Two dollars a DVD, is that okay?”
“Well, the price sounds reasonable. I’m going to ask our guests after Clifford’s song.”
Julie nodded in agreement before she went over to the tables to grab a sandwich. Rizzo was there, too, eating a cheese sandwich. Both turned their attention to the stage.

Clifford stood on the stage, dressed as if he was on vacation in the Caribbean. The background was a picture of a beach. He took the microphone and sang a song, also one by Harry Belafonte:

Oh, island in the sun
Built to me by my father’s hand
All my days I will sing in praise
Of your forest waters, your shining sand

As morning breaks, the heaven on high
I lift my heavy load to the sky
Sun comes down with a burning glow
Mingles my sweat with the earth below

Oh, island in the sun

I see woman on bended knee
Cutting cane for her family
I see man at the water-side
Casting nets at the surfing tide

Oh, island in the sun

I hope the day will never come
When I can’t awake to the sound of drum
Never let me miss carnival
With calypso songs philosophical

Oh, island in the sun

Like the others performances, his was received by applause from everyone who had been listening, which included about every single person or Muppet. Miss Taylor told Jeremy that he and his friends would be next. So he rounded them up and they left to get changed into their costumes while the stage got prepared. Meanwhile, the others were walking around, talking to each other or eating or both. Mister Page stood on the stage and announced that Julie would be willing to burn the pictures she took on DVDs but she was charging two dollars a piece. He then asked, who would want the pictures. The majority raised their arms. Well, that was settled fast. When it was time for the play to begin, everyone sat on the seats again. Max, donning a fake beard and dressed in a robe, stood in front of the stage, holding a book and narrating:
“Once upon a time, there was a miller who was poor.”
Max appeared on stage, dressed in peasants clothes. He did a bow to the audience as the king, played by Martha’s son, appeared. he king sat on a throne with a scepter in hand.
“But who had a beautiful daughter. Now it happened that he had to go and speak to the king, and in order to make himself appear important he said to him…”
“I have a daughter who can spin straw into gold”, said the miller, his voice in a very pompous tone.
“That is an art which pleases me well, if your daughter is as clever as you say, bring her tomorrow to my palace, and I will put her to the test”, demanded the king in his booming voice.
“And so the miller’s daughter was brought to palace where she was put in a room full of straw”, narrated Max. The daughter was played by Judy. She was dressed in rags and hair was braided. Two boys pulled a small carriage she sat on. They stopped in fro of the king and she stood up, bowing respectfully to the monarch. He led her to the right side of the stage where a small heap of straw and a spinning wheel were situated.
“Now set to work, and if by tomorrow morning early you have not spun this straw into gold during the night, you must die“, said the king before leaving her. The miller’s daughter fell on her knees and began to cry as the sun set and only the moonlight shone through the small window. A little men, played by Jeremy and dressed in bilious green clothes, with a pointed cap and elfish ears suddenly appeared next to her.
“Good evening, mistress miller, why are you crying so?”
“Alas, I have to spin straw into gold, and I do not know how to do it”, the miller’s daughter sniffed, wiping away a tear.
“What will you give me if I do it for you?”, the little man’s facial expression was unreadable. But his voice had a slight hint of demand.
“My necklace”, said the miller’s daughter at once, removing her jewelry from her neck and handing it to him. He studied it for a moment with a critical eye before he sat down in front of the spinning wheel. The light went all out and when it was light again, the straw looked like gold and the little man had disappeared.
“By daybreak the king was already there, and when he saw the gold he was astonished and delighted, but his heart became only greedier. He had the miller's daughter taken into another room full of straw, which was much larger, and commanded her to spin that also in one night if she valued her life. The girl knew not how to help herself, and was crying, when the door opened again, and the little man appeared, and said…”
“What will you give me if I spin that straw into gold for you?”
“The ring on my finger.”
“The little man took the ring, again began to turn the wheel, and by morning had spun all the straw into glittering gold.”
Just like before, the lights went out and then on, with the straw now in golden color.
“The king rejoiced beyond measure at the sight, but still he had not gold enough, and he had the miller's daughter taken into a still larger room full of straw, and said…“
“You must spin this, too, in the course of this night, but if you succeed, you shall be my wife.”
The king left the miller’s daughter alone. Once again, the little man appeared and asked what she would give him. She offered him her first-born child and so, once again, he worked on the straw.
“And the next morning, the king found the room full of gold. As promised, he took the miller’s daughter as his wife.”
The miller’s had switched her peasant’s costume to a lavender colored, royal-looking, dress. She cradled a baby.
“A year after, she brought a beautiful child into the world, and she never gave a thought to the little man. But suddenly he came into her room, and said…”
“Now give me what you promised”, his eyes were narrowed and he said it like it was an order. The horror-struck queen offered all the riches of the kingdom, for she could not bear to part from her child. The little man decided to give her three days to guess his name before disappearing. All night, the queen was up, cradling her child and thinking of every possible name. But when she mentioned the names to him, she was always wrong. She had sent messengers to look for clues all over the kingdom has soon as the little man agreed to give her three days. But they were unsuccessful until one discovered the little man gleefully dancing around the fire and chanting:
“Today I bake, tomorrow brew, the next I’ll have the young queen’s child. Ha, glad am I that no one knew, that Rumpelstiltskin I am styled.”
The queen was immensely glad and relieved when the messenger told her what he overheard. So when the little man reappeared on the last night, she asked:
“Is your name Conrad?”
“No.”
“Is your name Harry?”
“No.”
“Perhaps your name is Rumpelstiltskin.”
“The devil told you that! The devil told you that”, exclaimed the manikin, stomping his right foot hard and suddenly falling down a hole.
“And the queen lived with the king and her child happily ever after”, concluded Max the fairy tale.

---

The only reason two Harry Belafonte songs appear in here is that I was listening to some of his songs while writing this chapter :smile:
And now the Russian words:
Окно = window
Дед Мороз = Jack Frost
Мороженое = ice cream
Подруга = (female) friend
Пасха = Easter
Молоко = milk

And the German words:
Käse = cheese
Ostern = Easter
Ente = duck
Papagei = parrot
Wurst = sausage
Schwein = pig
Schokolade = chocolate

Misskermie

Reaction score
Woot! Foregien Werds!
And I sang to the songs! :3

Great chapter! Moar plz!

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
And now, here's the conclusion of this Muppet Easter fanfic :smile:

Chapter Six

An Eggciting Show Part Two

The audience cheered and clapped while the actors bowed to them. There were whispers of how adorable they were and parents voicing their pride. The children all left the stage and the audience stood up to walk around a little or, in case of the kids, to play around. Kermit and Scooter went over to the tables to get something to drink. When they got there, they watched Gonzo dragging Rizzo away to the locker rooms. The rat begged and pleaded but no one paid him any mind. Kermit and Scooter watched the kids playing with Rowlf, Animal and Robin. A few girls were with Miss Piggy, admiring her as she gave them tips on how to be a diva. Kermit wondered if he had to warn Mister Page that they soon would have mini divas running around. Nearby, Miss Taylor hosted a sack race; The Electric Mayhem watched the participants and Julie still walked around to take photos. Reginald still watched her, which unsettled her. Quickly glancing to him, she walked towards Kermit and Scooter.
“Hi there”, she said, taking a Snickers. She threw the wrapping of the snack in a nearby bin and took a bite out of the Snickers. “That bellboy’s been watching me for ages. Is he one of the Stasi or what?”
Neither answered her. Kermit and Scooter looked at each other and wondered what exactly the Stasi was anyway. Then again, Julie often threw around words no one understood. Or at least Kermit and Scooter did not.

Two large poles were situated in the stage, with a rope holding them together, similar to Gonzo’s act from a few weeks ago. But this time, there was no tub underneath the rope. This time, he wore blue high-heels, borrowed from Julie as Miss Piggy refused to lend hers, and held an umbrella in one hand and a teddy bear in the other. Rizzo stood on top of the umbrella, quivering with fear.
“Hey, Scooter, is that the teddy Gonzo’s wanted to use in his act for ages?”, asked Julie.
“Yeah”, Scooter confirmed. Julie gave him a tiny nod before fully paying attention to Gonzo.
“Dear children, ladies and gentlemen! From up here, I will dance in high-heels on the rope while holding a teddy bear and balancing an umbrella on my nose. Rizzo will be dancing on the umbrella and I will recite a piece of Goethe’s Faust!”, announced Gonzo. Those who knew Goethe’s Faust, namely Julie and a few adults, frowned a little as this was certainly not something for children. Gonzo walked on the rope, while Rizzo was still quivering. The rat mumbled in high speed “Oh, I hate heights! I really hate heights!”. But Gonzo ignored him and began to recite:

Rivers and streams are freed from ice
By spring’s sweet enlivening glance.
Valleys, green with hope’s happiness, dance:
Old winter, in his weakness, sighs,
Withdrawing to the harsh mountains.
From there, retreating, he sends down
Impotent showers of hail that show
In stripes across the quickening ground.
But the sun allows nothing white below,
Change and growth are everywhere,
He enlivens all with his colors there,
And lacking flowers of the fields outspread,
He takes these gaudy people instead.
Turn round, and from this mountain height,
Look down, where the town’s in sight.
That cavernous, dark gate,
The colorful crowd penetrate,
All will take the sun today,
The risen Lord they’ll celebrate,
And feel they are resurrected,
From low houses, dully made,
From work, where they’re constricted,
From the roofs’ and gables’ weight,
From the crush of narrow streets,
From the churches’ solemn night
They’re all brought to the light.
Look now: see! The crowds, their feet
Crushing the gardens and meadows,
While on the river a cheerful fleet
Of little boats everywhere it flows.
And over-laden, ready to sink,
The last barge takes to the stream.
From far off on the mountain’s brink,
All the bright clothing gleams.
I hear the noise from the village risen,
Here is the people’s true Heaven,
High and low shout happily:
Here I am Man: here, dare to be!

The audience gasped when Rizzo almost fell off the umbrella, cheered when Gonzo did a complicated dance step and laughed about the general ridiculousness. Only the fewest had paid attention to the poem, the other had been too busy to watch Gonzo dancing or laughing at Rizzo. The rat was relieved when he was in firm ground again. So much that he even kissed the ground a few times, all the while Gonzo was bowing right next to him to the audience.
“Hm, I have read Goethe”, said a familiar voice.
“You have met Goethe”, retorted another familiar voice. Instinctively, Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Rizzo and all the other Muppets looked to the direction the voices came from. To their surprise, they saw Statler and Waldorf. When did they get here?
“Um let’s get the stage ready for the next, shall we?”, said Kermit. “Girls, you’re next.”
The four girls nodded at him when they stood up and three of them walked over to the locker rooms where they had stored their costumes. Julie handed Scooter her camera and explained him how to take pictures with it before following the others. Jeremy and his friends played a game of tag with Robin. Max’s twin brother, Moritz, was it. Nearby, a mother held a conversation with Miss Taylor.
“Who was that girl that walked around, took pictures and threw foreign words around? I’ve never seen her before.”
“Well, Missus Tyler, we’ve been told that she works backstage for The New Muppet Show. She’s only included to our program to help us out. You see, your son and his friends were the only one performing before the Muppets offered their help.”
“Oh, now that explains why there haven’t been any other children on stage.”
Meanwhile, a few girls played hide-and-seek with Bean Bunny; adults were talking to each other or with the Muppets. After what seemed like an eternity, the girls arrived. Julie wore a simple blue summer dress with a pair of white shorts underneath the skirt. She wore a blue necklace with a seashell around her neck and a blue headband. Janice wore a raspberry-colored tank top and jeans. Her hair was decorated with a flower. Camilla simply wore accessories, like beads and feathers. Miss Piggy was the most extravagant of all. She wore a green silk gown, incidentally – or maybe purposely – the same shade as Kermit, opera gloves of a darker shade. Her hair was partly up, only a few strands framing her face. A green headband, which was adorned by a pink flower, decorated her hair. The males could not deny it, the girls all looked beautiful. Floyd could not keep his eyes off of Janice, just like Gonzo could not stop looking at Camilla and Kermit at Miss Piggy. These three girls blushed when they noticed their lovers’ eyes on them, while the only one without a boyfriend giggled. The Electric Mayhem all took their instruments, including Janice, and as the curtain opened, revealing a beautiful blue sky, they began to play.
“It all began on one of those Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah days, now that’s the kind of day where you can’t open your mouth without a song jump right out of it”, said Janice before she started to sing:

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, Zip-A-Dee-Ay
My oh my, what a wonderful day

Julie then joined her in:

Plenty of sunshine headin' my way

Now both girls sang in duet, both looking on their shoulders to see a bluebird:

Mister Bluebird's on my shoulder
It's the truth, it's actual, ev'rything is satisfactual
Wonderful feeling, wonderful day, yes sir

The next verse was joined by Camilla:

Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, Zip-A-Dee-Ay (bawk-ba-bawk-bawk-bawk, bawk-ba-bawk-ba)
My oh my, what a wonderful day (ba ba ba bawk ba bawk-ba-bawk bawk)

Miss Piggy joined, too, and thus every girl sang:

Plenty of sunshine headin' my way (bawk ba bawk-bawk bawk-bawk ba ba)

Again, the girls looked on their shoulders.

Mister Bluebird's on my shoulder (bawk bawk-ba ba ba bawk-ba)
It's the truth, it's actual, ev'rything is satisfactual (ba ba bawk, ba bawk-ba, bawk-bawk bawk-bawk)
Wonderful feeling, feeling this way (bawk-bawk bawk-bawk, bawk-bawk bawk ba)

There was musical interlude, courtesy of the Electric Mayhem. When it was time for the girls to sing again, they once again looked on their shoulders:

Mister Bluebird's on my shoulder (bawk bawk-ba ba ba bawk-ba)
It is the truth, it's actual… huh? (ba ba ba bawk, ba bawk-ba… ba?)

All four females looked around in confusion

“Where is that bluebird?” (Bawk ba ba bawk bawk-ba?)

Then they looked straight ahead. The bluebirds were flying in front of their faces and they let out a small chuckle.

Ev'rything is satisfactual (bawk-bawk bawk-bawk)
Wonderful feeling, wonderful day (bawk-bawk bawk-bawk, bawk-bawk ba)

Their performance was met with applause and cheer. Brightly smiling, the girls all curtsied while Floyd, Doctor Teeth, Zoot and Lips bowed. Animal wildly played some notes on his drums. When the clapping died down, they jumped off the stage.
“Well, I’ve seen worse”, commented Waldorf.
“Yeah, because you didn’t watch it”, added Statler and both laughed their “D'oh-ho-ho!”. The girls glared at them before three of them walked over to their boyfriends. Julie, meanwhile, went over to Scooter and Floyd and Janice sat down underneath a tree. Gonzo gave Camilla words of praise while they walked off to stroll through the school grounds. Kermit took Miss Piggy in his arms and whispered:
“You were terrific. You all were.”
“Merci beaucoup”, said Miss Piggy.
“You know, maybe we should add this to the show”, smirked Kermit. “The Four Fabulous Females.”
But Julie overheard him and mumbled to Scooter:
“Only when an act suddenly got cancelled.”
“So, about every show?”, he replied. Julie raised her eyebrows at him. Kermit and Miss Piggy noticed nothing of Scooter and Julie’s little conversation for they both had left their seats right after Kermit had made his comment. The frog and the pig walked together hand in hand through the school grounds, with a romantic song serving as the background music. They came across Judy and Diane, Max and Moritz’s sister, who had joined the twins, Jeremy and Robin in a game of tag. Kermit looked after them, glad his nephew was having so much fun. Robin noticed him looking and waved, causing him to be it. But he shrugged it off and hopped after the others. Kermit chuckled to himself as he and Miss Piggy sat down on a bench. Farther away, they could see Rowlf talking to Martha and her family. But for the moment, it was just them. Miss Piggy snuggled closer to him and leaned her head against his. He put a hand around her waist, feeling the silky material beneath his fingers.
“You know, Miss Piggy, you look beautiful in that dress”, complimented Kermit.
“Vous are just saying that”, replied Miss Piggy, although she had trouble hiding her smile.
“No, I mean it. You’re the most beautiful pig I’ve ever laid my eyes on”, Kermit gazed deeply into her blue eyes.
“And I love it how you placed your eyes on me”, whispered Miss Piggy. Behind them, the sun started to set, casting a warm light on the two lovers as they shared a sweet kiss.

The stage was set for the last act before the grand finale. Fake inventions served as the background and Bunsen and Beaker stood in front of these. The former held a circle-shaped piece of metal, big enough to carry one person, in his hand. It had a little control panel. Every now and then, Beaker warily eyed it and inconspicuouslytook a step sideways. Those who noticed snickered to themselves.
“It is always such a bother if you have to travel long distances. There can always be traffic jams and flights can be cancelled. But this all ends with the newest invention, the Long Distance Travel Circle”, said Bunsen, holding the invention high for everyone to see. “My assistant, Beaker, will demonstrate for you. Come on, Beaker, don’t be nervous.”
Beaker warily approached the Long Distance Travel Circle, trembling like a leaf. Bunsen lay it down on the stage, revealing propulsions similar to the ones rocket have, only in a much smaller scale. Beaker stepped on the Long Distance Travel Circle.
“Here on this control panel, you can enter the location and the cruising speed. For demonstrating purposes, I will enter the school entrance in high speed”, explained Bunsen while pressing a couple of buttons. The Long Distance Travel Circle smoothly rose a few centimeters up in the air. Beaker covered his eyes in fright but when nothing happened, he removed his hands and relaxed. Unexpectedly, it sputtered and coughed and, like a jack-in-the-box, the part Beaker was standing on popped up, sending him flying.
“MEE MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!”
Everybody else followed his flight until he crashed against a wall.
“Mee mee meee…”, said Beaker weakly, sliding down the wall.
“Well, it seems the Long Distance Travel Circle still needs some work.”

It was time for the grand finale. By now, the sun had fully set and the only light came from the stage. Curtains opened to reveal Robin happily playing with a baseball. The background depicted a beautiful day in spring. Blue skies and sunshine, lush green grass and tall trees gave the scenery a sense of peacefulness. Kermit and Miss Piggy sat on a bench behind him and watched him play. She wore a simple lavender colored dress with a dark purple sash around her waist, with gloves and a lavender colored parasol. Robin stopped playing and looked over to them.
“Is Sweetums there yet?”
“No, not yet”, replied Kermit.
“Go on playing, we’ll tell when he’s here”, added Miss Piggy. Robin nodded and threw his baseball up in the air before catching it, laughing merrily. He failed to catch the ball after some time and it rolled off. It landed at the feet of a person, clad entirely in black. The hood was up, obscuring his or her face. The person picked up the baseball as Robin came closer.
“Can I have my ball back, please?”, he asked. Kermit and Miss Piggy warily watched the person ready to jump in action. But they never expected what came next. The person wordlessly looked at Robin when the wind, suddenly and unexpectedly, picked up. The storm got worse and worse until everything went black. Everything was silent, no one dared to breathe. Slowly, Kermit got up and looked around. The once tall trees were uprooted, branches were lying around.
“Kermie, look!”, alerted Miss Piggy, pointing at something. The frog looked to where she was pointing at. It was the same place Robin and the person where at but both were gone without a trace. Only his baseball remained.
“No, no, no, no”, whispered Kermit, racing to the baseball and picking it up. He held the ball close to him, not believing his nephew, who was more like a son to him, was gone. Miss Piggy approached him and comfortingly embraced him from behind. Sweetums came to the scene, with a spring in his step and a cheerful smile on his face. But this turned into a frown when he saw them both.
“What… happened?”
“Robin’s been kidnapped”, explained Miss Piggy, while rubbing Kermit’s shoulders in comfort. “We have to save him.”
“But how?”, said a depressed Kermit. “We don’t know where they disappeared to.”
“And what about that scary looking mountain over there?”, asked Sweetums, pointing at said mountain that had suddenly appeared in the background. The frog and the pig looked at each other in confusion before the three went off to the mountain.
Ominous clouds hung over the mountain. There was no life, nothing. No animal and no plants. No matter where they looked, it was gray. The silence was unsettling. Hopefully, they would be able to rescue Robin as soon as possible and never set a foot here again. Suspiciously enough, there were no guards or other obstacles. But they saw a platform, where the person and his or her lackey stood. Robin lay on the floor, bound and gagged. The person seemed to be performing a ritual. Robin’s struggling became weaker and weaker.
“NO!”
The person distractedly looked to the side before being hurled to the side by Sweetums. Scooter approached, with an evil look on his face, Robin. The little frog looked at him in fear as he struggled. But Miss Piggy came to his rescue by knocking Scooter out with a karate-chop. Kermit hurried to free him.
“Are you alright?”
“Yeah”, replied Robin who was in shock. He trembled in fear. Next to him, the person still struggled with Sweetums. A kick in the stomach later and the person was standing again.
“No. He must not escape”, said the person, revealing to be a female. “I need the soul of a pure hearted young frog to live forever.”
“Sorry, but little Robin hear still needs his soul”, replied Miss Piggy and karate-chopped her in the chest. With a cry of pain, she was on her knees. Scooter recovered and walked over to her side. His mistress summoned a ball of energy and hurled it in her enemies’ direction. But Sweetums took a shield, which conveniently lay around, and deflected the ball of energy back to her. It hit her in the chest and with a cry of pain she collapsed. Scooter looked at her unmoving form before looking at the others. They all glared at him and he, sheepishly smiling, ran off.

Curtains closed. The audience cheered and whistled. Statler and Waldorf were snoring in their sleep. The performers appeared in front of the curtains, bowing to them. Julie had now the hood down. Mister Page came on stage with the microphone.
“Well, that certainly was a great finale to a great party”, he said, to which the audience only cheered louder. “I want to thank everyone who had made this Easter party possible and enjoyable. But now the party is over and I wish you all a good night.”
He walked off the stage. Miss Piggy and Julie went to the locker rooms to get change. The latter gave Scooter the costumes the hotel had lent them and asked him to hand it over to Reginald. He did so and also asked him, why he was looking at Julie all the time.
“I thought she looked cute”, was his reply but he acknowledged she would never be interested in him. Everybody went home but not without saying goodbye to the Muppets and thanking them for the show. Seeing their happy and grateful faces filled the Muppets with happiness. When everyone was gone, they went to The Electric Mayhem tour bus, as they had already checked out in the morning. By using the Travel By Map button, they were home in a jiffy.

The Swedish Chef, Fozzie, Thog, Lew Zealand and Uncle Deadly welcomed them back when they entered the Muppet Boarding House. They sat in the living room, drinking hot chocolate and telling about their week. Fozzie had a terrific time with his mother and he was glad he got a break from Statler and Waldorf. Lew Zealand was somewhere in the east coast fishing. The Swedish Chef, Uncle Deadly and Thog had stayed in the Boarding House. Kermit told them about their week, with the others adding bits and pieces. They told them about the show they had made for school children and the families. Julie smiled at this and took a sip from her hot chocolate before saying her comment on this:
“It was a great way to spend Easter, even if it was a little unexpected.”

The End

I found the translation of the piece Gonzo recited here.
Stasi is short for Staatssicherheit (state security service). When Germany was divided in West Germany and East Germany, they spied after the citizens of the latter. You had to be careful of what you said and did for those who said anything bad about the government were punished. Anything from the west was evil for them. It all ended when West and East Germany were one once again.
And this is the song I imagined that was played in the background for the little Kermit and Miss Piggy scene after the girls' performance.
I hope you enjoyed Happy Easter :smile:

Misskermie

Reaction score
I'm so sad this is over!

And Kermit and Piggy made me melt into a puddle.
(Clean up on isle 3! LOL)

Well... I can't say more please... Unless...

EPILOUGE! EPILOUGE!

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
Glad you like the Kermit and Piggy part. I'm sure Beauregard will clean the puddle up :laugh:

But I have to confess that I have no epilog planned. Although I have an idea for another fanfic, two in fact. One will be more of a fantasy story and the other one will be based on the ideas several members, myself icluded, had for the Muppets appearing in Kingdom Hearts (this topic here) I can't say when I will post these yet but keep an eye out :wink:

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
One will be more of a fantasy story and the other one will be based on the ideas several members, myself icluded, had for the Muppets appearing in Kingdom Hearts (this topic here) I can't say when I will post these yet but keep an eye out :wink:
Oh ho! I remember that thread! Can't wait for that thread to come out in story format!:excited: