Happy Fraggle 20th Anniversary!

anathema

Reaction score
This is a massive coincidence, but I've just watched my first FR - ever - pretty much exactly 20 years to the minute after its first tx!
I'm not sure why I never watched it when I was a kid - I was certainly aware of it, and we'd always watched TMS. Just one o' those things :smile:

*beginning to understand what all the fuss is about :smile:*

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Wow! Twenty years! My goodness!

(great job on the banner)

And, what makes this occasion even more special, we're actually talking to Karen Prell! Red! Wow! Now, that's an anniversary party!:cool:

Congratulations everybody involved! Fraggle Rock was a great show.

(exert from Muppet Show role play:

Go Beau! Go Beau! Go Beau! (get it? huh? huh? Go Beau? Go-Beau! Hehehehehhehehe!:big_grin: Nevermind.)

:big_grin:

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I've only been a fan of this show for 2 years, but I just have to say how much I love it! It's the only show that I accually tell people about, and It's the only show that I sing songs from all the time. I don't have a favorite Fraggle, I love them all! And someday I would love to see some new Fraggle figures, and new videos.

Jake

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
There was a 10-15 minute documentary introducing Fraggle Rock on HBO that aired in between programs. They showed how they tested the early shows with audiences of different aged children to see how they responded to each episodes outcome. The Fraggles, Doozers, and Gorgs were also introduced.
If anyone here taped that, and would like to trade, please let me know. It sounds quite interesting.

I also find it amusing that this series is exactly 41 days older than I am.

crazy ernie

Reaction score
I really want Fraggle Rock on DVD. My 2 tapes ( Red's Club and Wembley's whoopie water) are begining to crack.
I have some of the cartoons on tape. I have a MD Red car that I got at Goodwill. I got 2 activity books at Wall Drug last summer and a few fraggle books.:cool:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Happy 20th birthday Fraggle Rock! yeah it's hard to belive it that old, it's a few months older then I am.

I think Fraggle Rock DVD's would sell better then the Muppet Show one's, everyone who has seen Fraggle rock during some point in their life love's it.

Congratuations to Karen Prell and Terry!
and another specataular Menu by Jamie! who should win an award or something!

Zack) Rowlf the, Dance your cares away! Worries for another day!Dog.

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
I was born the same year as Fraggle Rock. ^_^ Except 9 months later. Even so, I've been watching the Rock since I was in the womb! My mom even liked the show. It's funny, cuz I don't remember watching it so much when I was little, even though I did, but when CBC aired Fraggle Rock again 2 years ago I remembered SO many things from each episode. It was a flood of nastalgia taking over me like a tidal wave, and now it's still one of my favourite shows!

I really think that people around my generation were some of the luckiest kids. We had the best toys, the most fun and we definitely had some of the finest children's programming ever seen. When I look at kids shows today, some of it is almost disgusting and none of it can even compare to Fraggle Rock. A world of peace, harmony and unity that every child understood. I don't think there will ever be a show like this again.

And they shouldn't just re-air Fraggle Rock in the U.S, they should also re-air it in Canada! No, they should re-air in throughout the entire world so all the kids of the world can share the same magic we did.

^_^ Debo

Foodie

Reaction score
Wow. I'm so old! That's wonderful though. I wish they'd comemmorate this in someway. Heh heh DVDs & action figures would be nice. * hints to the Henson folks * Heh heh heh.

Nick:big_grin:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Baby
I really think that people around my generation were some of the luckiest kids. We had the best toys, the most fun and we definitely had some of the finest children's programming ever seen. When I look at kids shows today, some of it is almost disgusting and none of it can even compare to Fraggle Rock.

That is so completely true!! I can't stand most of todays kids shows and I just feel bad that they don't have all the cool ones that we grew up with. Fraggle Rock is one of the best examples of that! If it were up to me (or any of us) Fraggle Rock would be back on in a split second so that kids can have some quality entertainment for a change.

Cantus81

Reaction score
Happy anniversary Fraggles!

20 years? Amazing! Words cannot describe what the Fraggles meant to me growing up. I myself am 21 and embarking on what will most likely be an international opera career ... and I owe it all to the Fraggles. They instilled in me a love for music that has defined my life -- I am so grateful! Happy 20th anniversary, let's hope they're around for another 220!

Much love to all -- Justin