1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Happy Fraggle 20th Anniversary!

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by KPrell, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

It's hard to find a good kid's show (well, to some) that hits hard on such serious topics without loosing it's innocent outlook. I think Fraggle Rock did that well, and I'm so glad I was around to see it (although it was in reruns already). Thanx, Fraggle Rock! No good shows anymore do what you did.
  2. AbbessBryony

AbbessBryony New Member

I'm back!!!!! Did anyone miss me? :D Anyhow..... Happy 20th, Fraggle Rock!!!!!!!!!! :cool:
  3. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

Oh, yeah, and how could we forget that the Fraggle Rock theme has the BEST bass line EVER WRITTEN???? (I'm listenin' to it right now, so that's what made me think of it!!!!) A friend of mine, who's an AWESOME bass player, plays it for me all the time!!!! :D
  4. trcrack

trcrack New Member

That's why we have CBC here in Canada. It was made in Canada afterall if I recall correctly.
  5. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

USA and Canada worked together on the original version (with Gerry Parkes)of the show.
  6. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Original version as opposed to what? The animated show?

-Matt
  7. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

North American countries worked on Live action episodes
  8. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

I just downloaded the opening credits video of FR and I was so happy just to watch them again (even if it was in french)! It just made me smile:)
  9. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Yeah...but you said in he original version of the show. What were you comparing it to? The animated? The openings done internationally to mirror the cultures of other countries?

-Matt
  10. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

I'm not talking about the cartoon.
  11. Sunshineboz

Sunshineboz New Member

I absolutely Looooooooove the Fraggle Rock my friends! I'd watch it today if I had time :(
  12. kansasteen14

kansasteen14 New Member

congratulations to everyone involved with Fraggle Rock, it was a great show. Dance your cares away and party congrats Ms.Prell and Ms. Red
  13. sunday

sunday New Member

i feel so old! fraggle rock was made one year after i was born. ;)
  14. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

Heh heh. That's not old. I was either in 2nd or 3rd grade when it first aired. I've never been certain if the show was first shown on tv in '82 or '83.

Nick :smirk:
  15. Nick, I'm, like, 99% sure it was taped in '82 and aired in '83.

:)
  16. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Hmmm....see, I'd trust him on that...but, I mean, there is that 1 percent...

:D

-Matt
  17. MATT!

Arrrrrgh!!

lol

:attitude:
  18. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

That's kinda what I figgered.

Nick:smirk:
  19. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, Fraggle Rock!!!

Let me just say that I feel honored to have had Fraggle Rock as part of my childhood. The series was (and is) a true masterpiece. Without being too preachy and never talking down to children, "Fraggle Rock" is as enjoyable for adults to watch as well as kids. Heck, I'm almost in my 30's and I still enjoy Fraggle Rock as much as I did when I was a kid. It was Jim Henson himself who said (about Fraggle Rock) "If we do the show well, it's the kind of show that families and almost anybody can enjoy."

Fraggle Rock, above all else, taught us to help and understand one another. It also remained as one of the brightest points in my childhood. I always felt welcome at "the Heart of the Rock". The show has a very comforting atmosphere. Even though I know all the episodes by heart, they are still as enjoyable and funny to me as ever. I even keep certain Fraggle traditions. I watch the episode "Marooned" every year on my birthday. My sister and I always watch "The Bells of Fraggle Rock" every Dec. 21st, and we ring bells along with the Fraggles at the end of the special. We do that to celebrate friends we have made through Mr. Henson's work.

I am very proud to say that I grew up with Fraggle Rock as a part of my childhood. To everybody who worked on Fraggle Rock, thank you for all the joy you've given me. I will love Fraggle Rock for as long as I live. And that's a promise! (Weeba! Weeba! Waffa! Waffa! Garpax, Gumbage, WHOOPEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!) :excited:

Convincing John