"Happy Holidays from Sesame Street" DVD Box Set

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Sony Wonder and Sesame Workshop have re-released a fast-becoming classic collection of holiday videos on DVD in a collective box set featuring three Christmas classics at one collective low price..

Featuring the new low price of $29.98 and refreshed holiday gift packaging, "Happy Holidays from Sesame Street" DVD box set includes three popular DVD titles: "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street", "Elmo Saves Christmas" and "Elmo's Word: Happy Holidays!" The collection arrived at retail on October 4th (just 81 days before Christmas).

"We are excited about the new great looking digipack packaging for these Sesame Street holiday favorites," says Alan Fergurson, Sr. VP of Sales, Sony Wonder. "This is the ultimate holiday video collectable featuring Sesame
Street's three best-selling holiday titles."

Christmas Eve on Sesame Street
It's Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, and everyone is joining in the excitement -- until a question from Oscar throws Big Bird into a tailspin. "How does a guy like Santa Claus, who's built like a dump truck, come down all those skinny little chimneys?" Oscar asks. Suddenly, Big Bird is worried that if he can't answer the question, there won't be any presents on Christmas! With the help of all his Sesame Street friends, Big Bird attempts to solve the mystery in this Sesame Street holiday classic.

Elmo Saves Christmas
Elmo wonders if there can be such a thing as too much Christmas. When a magical Christmas wish is granted, he gets to see what the world would be like if everyday were Christmas! The video stars Maya Angelou, Charles Durning and Harvey Fierstein.

Elmo's World : Happy Holidays!
Actress, talk show host and mom Kelly Ripa stars in the first-ever "Elmo's World" holiday special. Elmo is ready to celebrate Christmas,but what present will he give Dorothy, his beloved goldfish? As he searches for an answer, Elmo learns about holidays around the world. He finally goes to the North Pole, where Santa has some expert advice about the true spirit of Christmas -- and the perfect gift for Dorothy!

Each DVD has an approximate running time of 60 minutes, for a total of
three hours of Sesame Street holiday fun viewing.

You can buy the new box set at the low price of $23.99 for all three Christmas classics in one collector's pagaging from SonyWonder: http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalog/MerchandiseDetails.jsp?merchId=86412&skuId=86419

BEAR

Reaction score
Well...I just went out and bought the set yesterday. Would you expect any less of me!? Haha!! I am so glad I did too cuz it is awesome!!! I probably wouldn't have ever seen the Elmo's World Happy Holidays if I hadn't bought the set and guess what? I liked it a lot. It was the best Elmo's World thing i have ever seen. And Kelly Ripa was cool to see in it. She seemed kind of weird at times, but oh well. Elmo was great, even tolerable for people who don't care for him. I loved how they opened with everyone on the street doing stuff for christmas and ended with the caroling.

I am also thrilled to have Elmo Saved Christmas and Christmas Eve on Sesame Street on DVD. I already had CEOSS on VHS, and ESC that was recorded straight from the TV, but they needed to be replaced with DVD. Its nice to be able to watch ESC without having all the Support PBS stuff every 10 minutes. I can watch it all without interuptions. My CEOSS tape was also old. I still have yet to watch them in the new format.

Also, the packaging of this box set is beautiful in itself.

I suggest any SS fan to get these. It is also the perfect addition to your Muppet Christmas classics. I got mine at Target for about $20. Not bad for 3 great DVDs. Go and get it!!!:stick_out_tongue:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
$20 is not too bad but i have Christmas eve on ss and don't care too much for the others

BEAR

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
$20 is not too bad but i have Christmas eve on ss and don't care too much for the others

It was a great deal. i was almost going to see if I could just get CEOSS and ESC individually on DVD to replace the old VHS's, but with the box set I paid less money and got to have the other show too. I guess for a SS nut like me it works out.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if Sesame Workshop would ever consider releasing A Special Sesame Street Christmas on DVD. Would there be any problems with music rights?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I think "A Special Sesame Street Christmas" is Sesame Workshop's "Star Wars Holiday Special"! LOL!:smile:

I don't know if either one'll ever be released. (Well, most definitely not on The Star Wars Holiday Special, considering what George Lucas has said about it.)

But I'd love to see "A Special Sesame Street Christmas" if it ever does get released!:crazy:

BEAR

Reaction score
Why haven't they ever released those other holiday specials?

BEAR

Reaction score
doctort13 said:
I think this will make a great gift for my daughter.

I found it for $17.94

She will absolutely LOVE it, Doctor!! And for $17.94? Now you HAVE to get it!

I just wish there were more extra features on the DVDs other than just the feature movie. Even if it was just a trailor or a game or something. Still they are great and I couldn't be happier.