1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Happy Thanksgiving 2012!

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Hubert, Nov 22, 2012.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Since no one else seems to have made a Thanksgiving day thread, I might as well.

So, to create some conversation here, what are your plans for Thanksgiving? And most importantly, what are you thankful for?
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  2. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

My family always hosts Thanksgiving at our house. My aunt, uncle, their 2 daughters, and my grandfather always come over. I am thankful for my family, everything I have, and my wonderful friends here at MC.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

As for my Thanksgiving plans, I usually have a long day on Thanksgiving. Both sides of my family are really large, so for lunch I usually am at my mother's side of the family, and then for dinner I go to my father's side of the family. And of course the parade before all that, as always.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  4. CaseytheMuppet

Oh, yes. I ALWAYS watch the Macy's Day Parade. :)
  5. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

I don't really do much on Thanksgiving, actually. My family and I just have our thanksgiving dinner (And it's gonna be a LEGIT dinner this year; not Thanksgiving dinner at 12 PM) and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. And then my dad and sisters go out shopping for Black Friday. (Last year, they bought me a new TV for my room.)
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I am thankful for MC and all of the friends I made here, and also to be able to spend the holiday season with you guys.
  7. MissMusical12

Awwwww. :flirt:
  8. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving!!! :hungry: As for me I will be helping feed the homeless this morning with my family from 11:00-1:00. Which this is my first time doing this but I am very excited I get to help people in need and also spend some time with family before our own big Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt's house this afternoon.

I am hoping to get a somewhat nap in though before heading out to celebrate Thanksgiving. X_X After dinner me and my family usually play games with the football game blaring in the background. So if anyone hears loud noises or screams coming from Maryland that's probably my family. :p

As for what I am thankful for. Wow so many things but I guess I'll start with the basic ones. I am thankful I have a roof over my head, I can buy groceries to put food on the table, and even have some money left over to buy nice things, and I am also thankful I can pay my bills. I am thankful for my friends and family. And I am very thankful for MC because despite the recent events that happened here I realize this is a truly a special place because only here are people able to work out their differences and come to understanding each other better. I am thankful to you guys because I truly have made some great friends here and once again I wish I could name you all indiviually but you know who you are. That's the magic of Jim Henson nee? :jim: And with that I hope everyone enjoys their day!
    [​IMG]
  9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Wow, feeding the homeless on Thanksgiving! That's pure awesomeness and I really commend you for doing that.

*reads comment about screaming*

I'm also thankful for earplugs. :p
  10. Pinkflower7783

Yes I am very excited about doing it this year. Plus my parents, my aunt and my cousins are helping as well. So it's a great way to spend some early family time together before getting together this afternoon.

And I might go and buy some ear plugs myself. I usually leave there with a sore throat as well. So maybe buy some cough drops as well. :p
  11. MissMusical12

That's awesome! My school usually does this big food drive a few days before Thanksgiving and we bring goods (and turkeys) to the local churches so they can give to those local families in need. Although we didn't get as much goods as we did last year, due to Hurricane Sandy, the churches were still very grateful of our hard work and effort. If there's one thing I really enjoy doing is helping out those in need for a good cause. :)
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  12. Pinkflower7783

Yes were actually doing this through the Salvation Army and my church is helping out so it's great. No better time to give back then this time of year. I am looking forward to doing it.

Although I was just telling Hubert in a private message I'm gonna be in a turkey coma by the time it's all said and done today. :p
  13. MissMusical12

My friend contacted his uncle who owns a chicken plant and he brought in I believe 34 turkeys.
  14. Pinkflower7783

All I can say is this :eek:
  15. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I go by whatever my mother's agenda is. As always love to watch the Macy's Parade. :)
  16. CaseytheMuppet

Has anybody heard of this Buddy the Elf Musical that's in the parade?
  17. Pinkflower7783

I probably won't get to see the Kermit balloon but I'd rather see the real Kermit anyways. :p
  18. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

I already celebrated Thanksgiving in October (are there any other Canadians here, out of curiosity?), but I hope you're all having a great day!
  19. MissMusical12

Yeah. It's the Broadway musical version of the movie "Elf." The show is only on Broadway around this time of year.
  20. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yaay Kermit! Loved the Rainbow Connection playing in the background also. :)