1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Happy Thanksgiving 2012!

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Hubert, Nov 22, 2012.

1. HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

I saw it mentioned the other day alongside the musical "A Christmas Story" and thought "Why????" regarding both.
    CaseytheMuppet likes this.
  2. Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    :)

Right now I'm having breakfast and watching the parade. Then later today we're going up to my aunt's for dinner. Unfortunately I tore a ligament in my left knee on Sunday, so I'm not much looking forward to getting there, and I plan to eat enough to make up for it!
    :insatiable:
    As for what I'm thankful for, I'm thankful I found my way back to MC in the past month or so, and it seems to be for good this time! This really is a place like no other! I hope in the next year I can really get to know all of you much better, and have a lot of fun here! I'm also thankful I didn't hurt myself worse than I did, and that even though it didn't end well, I was still able to have a great experience before heading to the hospital, (I was taking a helicopter flight when it happened.)!
    :D
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  3. Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

A Christmas Story? Really? It's a terrific movie, but I can't see it as a musical!
    :eek:
  4. HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

5. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I'm going to my aunt's house later today, and eating a lot. Nothing too major or exciting.

I'm thankful for my friends, my family, and the continued health of the people around me. I hope everyone on here has an awesome Thanksgiving!
  6. MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

I missed it! Waaaah! :cry: But on a brighter note, my dad took me out driving for about an hour. :halo:

Don't fret. That musical is only going to be around for the holidays.
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  7. Hubert Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying the parade this year, as usual. And once it's over, I'll be heading off to have Thanksgiving meal numero uno.

I'm also thankful for the Muppets and Jim Henson. I think this can be said for all, but they really changed my life. :jim:
  8. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody except Canadians, 'cause they already had Thanksgiving a month ago.
  9. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving!

Sadly, no special avatar from me :p

I'm going to be eating in like an hour with my parents, my "wonderful" aunt >_>. uncle, other uncle, grandmother, and...some people I'm not sure what my relation is...I think they are my grandmother's cousins but I might be wrong...
    CaseytheMuppet and Fragglemuppet like this.
  10. Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

It may sound strange, but among all that Jim Henson did, I'm thankful to him for bringing me together with a great bunch of people!
    :jim:
    :)
    :concern:
  11. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I'm a whimp I got teary eyed when I saw the balloon and Rainbow Connection was playing in the background. XP

I just got back from feeding the homeless. Omg we didn't have many people show up and so much food was left over!! I hope it doesn't go to waste!! But despite that wow one of the most rewarding things I could ever do. It really has just set my whole Thanksgiving!

Also a lady came in and said if we hadn't of told her we were serving food she was gonna go home and have a bowl of cereal. We also gave some toys to a family that came in. I almost cried because their faces just lit up a 1000 watts. You could tell they didn't have much. But at the same time it broke my heart that they had to come there for Thanksgiving.

Be grateful for what you have everyone there's always someone worse off then you are!
    HeyButtahfly and MissMusical12 like this.
  12. Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving to all the lucky folks in the US who have a day off today!
    CaseytheMuppet and MissMusical12 like this.
  13. Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Happy Thanksgiving guys! Hope you all have a good one.

We taped the parade so my sis and I are watching what we missed today. Loved the Sesame Street song (as always)

We're going to have Dinner with some friend later which will be fun. Already I've fulfilled my other tradition which was going to play chess with a friend of mine today. Glad we established that as a tradition, it's always so much fun.
  14. MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

I totally forgot to mention that there's a "Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends" marathon on VH1 today that I'm watching right now! :halo: My Thanksgiving is complete......
  15. Slackbot Well-Known Member

I spent the day alone, but that's fine, it's my chosen lifestyle. "I'm never alone, I never get lonely..." I cooked a big 12-pound bird, and had broccoli and french bread from scratch, and cranberry sauce from a can. I'm saving the turkey bones, because when I strip the carcass of its meat I'll use it to make stock for a stew.

As for what I'm thankful for: I'm glad I have a job that isn't soul-crushing and allows me to pay my mortgage, utility bills, and other necessities, and have a little left over for fun stuff like puppet supplies. And I'm thankful that I'm living now, in a time when we have electricity and modern medicine and the Internet.
    MissMusical12 likes this.
  16. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I am thankful for my family and *real life* friends. They are the people who matter the most to me. And know what kind of person I am. Other then them I do not care about anyone else. And I am thankful I have no regrets in life because even the bad things make who you are today. From now on I am making it a point to live life to the fullest and make no apologies to myself or anyone for that matter. Elmo sang the lines yesterday I needed to hear "Nothing's Gonna Bring Us Down." Well you know what? Aint nothing or NO ONE is gonna bring me down!