Hard to Believe

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's really hard for me to believe that as of today, as of this very day, I've been an MCer for an entire decade! :eek: Wow, do I feel old.

Seems like just yesterday, I was doing my five-year retrospective thread, and now here it is another five years later, and I'm still here. Unbelievable.

It's funny, but after all these years, after all this time, I STILL remember my first days here, I really do. It was 2003, and I had JUST started high school (then a month later, I would have been pulled out and homeschooled for the rest of my high school years), but I had been a big fan of the Muppets, as well as Jim Henson's work in general... I think I lurked a little before I actually joined, I remember reading a discussion about PWMS, as well as the opinions of Eric taking over Frank's characters, as well as David taking over Cookie Monster, and how I wanted to add my own two-cents worth to the discussion. I actually was reluctant to join up another forum at the time - I had already belonged to the ToonZone forums at the time, and quite frankly, TZ has a very stuck-up and at times rather mean-spirited community, that almost everything you posted or added to was met with criticism, rude remarks, flaming, among other things, so naturally, I wasn't exactly wanting to make another commitment to another forum in the event that that would happen all over again... but in all these ten years, if there's one thing I've come to realize is that there's no forum on the internet that has a great, open, warm, friendly, caring, and compassionate community atmosphere like MC does... I honestly can't think of a single other forum I've been to where despite the large number of people who post on regular or semi-regular basis, everybody is so close with everybody else, and really is like one big family. I know I've said this before, but I really do feel like MC is like a family, and I love you guys, you're the best, I know whenever I need somebody, you guys are here for me as you are anyone else in this family who is need or somewhere to turn to. I know Sarge has commented frequently that she's surprised anybody here put up with her during her earlier years here when she was a lot younger, well, sometimes when I look back on some of my older posts and threads here, I'm surprised that you guys willingly put up with me too; I'm really embarrassed by, and even cringe at some of my earlier postings here, but I guess to see that after all this time, and you guys still accept me really says a lot about the people here.

I just really don't know how to thank you all for my wonderful years at MC, there just aren't any words that can express how much I appreciate all of you for making MC what it is, and for being like a family to me.

There are countless numbers of people here, but those I can already think of off the top of my head I'd like to give a shout out to for all the years of wonderfulness are Phillip, Ed, Kevin, Alex, Angie, Anthony, Beth, Brian, Caroline, Casey, Charlie, Colbynfriends, Cullen, Daniel, Dave, DQM, Drtooth, Earl (RIP my friend), Faylo, heralde, Hubert, Jamie, Jarrod, Jaz, Julio, all the different Kates and Katies, Kathy, Lisa, Marty, Mat, Mitchell, Mo, Moeh, MrsPepper, Newsie, Ozy, both Ryans, Sarge, Shane, Terry, Tim, unclematt, Vibs, Will, Ziffel, and countless others, please don't think I've forgotten you either.

Thanks again everybody.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Word up Daniel! So, where's that giant cake that Barbara Bannerman was supposed come dancing out of? Don't tell me Igor dropped it or Radar ate it or something.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*Blink*

Well, it'll probably add some excitement to the party...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Because who doesn't want a fluffy demon popping out of their cake leaving demon hair everywhere, am I right? :B

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I hope it doesn't rain. Have you smelled wet demon fur? Has a mix of sulfur and wet dog smell to it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That actually sounds better than the smell of wet bunny food... man, that stuff kills through the nose. ><

galagr

Reaction score
I would intervene to say congratulations, but it appears you two are having a conversation.

Aw, what the heck? Congrats, D'Snowth!