Hardest/most frustrating games you've played

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
For any gamers out there, I wanna know.... What are some of the toughest/most frustrating games you've ever played? I'll give you a couple from my experience:

Medal of Honor: European Assault - Started off pretty easy, but then the game definitely got harder by the time you do the Russian campaign. What made it frustrating for me was no savepoints or checkpoints so it got annoying having to die and restart when you run out of health and lose all your revival lives. The last two levels I couldn't even beat without using cheat codes.

Need for Speed Most Wanted: Fun game, but definitely a toughy as you go further and further. Its sequel Carbon was alot more easier. The cops could also be a pain to deal with.

Midnight Club 2: Another fun game, but definitely tough to beat with the rubber banding on the AI, especially if you're trying to go for 100 percent completion with the arcade races.

Midnight Club: Los Angeles. This one I remember being a little tougher, especially since the cops arrest you in this one.

Mafia (console version): Great storyline, but oh my GOD are the mechanics on the console version terrible. Definitely go for the PC version.

GTA Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories: I found these games to be kind of weak (I mean, they were prequels after all) and alot of missions and side missions were very frustrating to beat.

GTA San Andreas: Now, this game was actually fun and will always be a classic. But it was definitely the toughest one I've played in the 3-d universe.

Need for Speed: Underground 1. I'm kinda mixed on this game. I found the rubber banding on the AI cars to be very inconsistent and the mechanics were also pretty loose I found. The game also got pretty repetetive with the tracks.

Need for Speed Pro Street: Don't get me started with how awful this game is. Very repetitive, boring, and horrible mechanics. I didn't even bother finishing this one because it just made me mad.

Medal of Honor: Vanguard - It was easy with a few frustrating bits here and there, but those last two levels man..... I couldn't even beat the last level without using a cheat code.

Coraline (the game): Movie-based games usually suck, but this one just takes the cake. The game crashes whenever it feels like it, mini games you had to do were frustrating and I was just glad to be done with it.

Monsters Inc (PS2 game) - clunky controls. All there is to it.

Crash n burn (2004 game) - another awful racing game. Poor mechanics, races are way too luck based and I rage quit half way and never played again.

Godzilla save the Earth - not a big fan of fighting games, but I'll at least give them a try.... The clunky controls pretty much ruined it for me.

Call of Duty Finest Hour (at least the American campaign) - Jesus Christ the American campaign was tough to get through.

007: Everything or Nothing - only if you're trying to get gold and platinums.... Otherwise the game itself is easy (minus the level where you ride motercycle to kill Jaws a second time. :rolleyes:

Half Life Decay - only if you're in single player mode.... The last level is a nightmare especially

Dangerous Dave - this is a DOS game so surprise surprise.... But man this game is tough to beat. I never bothered finishing it cause some areas are just too hard.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
While Yoshi's Island isn't necessarily hard, persay (well, okay, the final world is a pain), it is really, really frustrating, and that frustration escalates with each ensuing world . . . I mean to say, whenever I hear and see Baby Mario crying, I wanna just kill it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
While Yoshi's Island isn't necessarily hard, persay (well, okay, the final world is a pain), it is really, really frustrating, and that frustration escalates with each ensuing world . . . I mean to say, whenever I hear and see Baby Mario crying, I wanna just kill it.
Ah yeah, the NES and SNES days. When (for the most part) we didn't have save points (thank god some SNES games had them). The only "easy" Mario games (imo) are the two ones with Luigi as the star.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
A couple more I should mention....

Disney's The Haunted Mansion - the game is alot different (and much better) from the movie, but it had its frustrating levels.
... (Looking at you, Chess board Knights).

Alone in the Dark (original) Another DOS game but a 3d one.... Definitely did not age well, for sure. People praise this game, and I like the story, but even for a DOS 3d game from 1992, I could NEVER get past the pirate that you have to kill with a sword. I really wish the remake came out because I find it's the only way you can beat it with how clunky the original controls are.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Here we go; the biggest things: licensed "kid's" games from the SNES/NES era. Virtual Bart, Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage... notoriously difficult games. Right up there with Lion King and Home Improvement: Power Tool Pursuit. Turns out, the reason a lot of these games were so unnecessarily difficult was so people couldn't beat them upon rental.

(He talks about it at the 18:40 mark)

The Duck Dodgers game on the SNES, Toy Story... I could go on.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah yeah, the NES and SNES days.
Well, my copy was for GBA, but whatevs.
The Legend of Zelda (nes)
Yeah. I wish Let's Plays were a thing back then, because the original LOZ for NES was one game I could never complete - I always died in the final dungeon (Death Mountain).

Speaking of NES, it took my dad and I years to finally beat Super Mario Bros.

Getting back on the subject of GBA, the first ED, EDD N EDDY game could be really challenging and frustrating in certain areas, I think it took me six months to get through the whole game, and it kind of wasn't that great anyway. The second EEE game (Mis-Edventures), while much more easy in comparison, is an improvement in terms of gameplay and graphics.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
GBA games are tough, but frankly I'm not a huge fan of (certain) hand-held games.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Because I've never had a GBA (though I do want to get one to play one Crash Bandicoot and GTA game), I decided to take a look at "Ed, Edd 'N Eddy: Jawbreakers!"

Yeah, that game definitely looks repetetive. I find I'd get bored of it pretty fast.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After I finished Jawbreakers, I never played it again, lol. I admittedly don't remember how repetitive it was, I just remember it got really tough at times because of poor gameplay . . . like, I remember getting stuck in the first world (cul-de-sac) for like a month simply because I had trouble getting the Eds to jump high/far enough to get past a certain area. I also remember the construction site being confusing as frog, but also liking the music from the woods.

Like I said, Mis-Edventures is definitely a breeze, and can easily be finished, so it might be too easy for some people, but like I said, compared to Jawbreakers, it's an improvement as far as gameplay and graphics go.